Hi From Somerset MA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Autumn Dream

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Autumn Dream
Vessel Make
Lang 32 Custom
We're Kevin and Beth, and Autumn Dream is our 1972 34' Lang Pilot House Trawler.
As far as we know, she is a one-of a kind.

We bought her up in Penantanguishene (Pentang) Canada in 2009 and had her shipped down to Fall River MA.

Lots of love and attention have been lavished on her - and we do most of the work ourselves.

We started with sailboats, and eventually made the move to a trawler.
This forum is a great source of information, and I hope we can share a few useful tidbits ourselves.

Welcome aboard Kevin & Beth. Nice area you live in. We are originally from S. Dartmouth. Look fwd to your participation.

Welcome Aboard! That's an interesting boat. I'd love to see some more pictures.

Just a tip on getting along on this forum. Never ask an anchor question! Once you start an anchor thread it never ends. The answer is always the same anyway. Your anchor is too small, it's the wrong kind, and you don't have enough chain.

Welcome aboard! Maybe we will see each other in Buzzards Bay some time.

smiley-signs046.gif

Thanks!

Thanks for the welcome, and the tip about avoiding Anchoring discussions...
We've been improving her systems and removing some prior 'flaws'.
It seems like the previous owners used exterior House paint (fortunately not on the Hull), so I have the joy of slowly repainting the entire boat with the correct paint.

I do most of the painting and all canvas work/sewing. Kevin does the "real" work, installing electronics, etc.

We DID just install a manual anchor windlass that we purchased from Marine Consignment in Fall River, after Kevin rebuilt it and painted it. I know this is 'anchoring' talk but I wont' say anything about the size, length of chain, etc.:)

Attachments

• Windlass.jpg
    Windlass.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_4981.jpg
    IMG_4981.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 75
Back
Top Bottom