Hi Everyone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Robert H

Just signed up as I looking to buy a Greenline 39 or 40 and interested in some good advice.
I live in New Zealand and Greeline's are few, so I will have to import from the Northern Hemisphere most probably.
I suppose my main interest is the Hybrid system and how to replace or upgrade when the batteries start to fail. The posts on this site are interesting, but I also get that the growth of battery technology is creating a great deal of change and so looking for advice with the future in mind.

hopefully I can contribute to this forum in some form.

Safe sailing....

Regards
Rob

Hi Robert. Welcome to another member from Down-under. I hailed originally from the same place, only a little more North than you, in what one might well now call, for now anyway, 'the land of the America's Cup', rather than the 'long white cloud', shall we..?

The Kapiti Coast, if memory serves, is just a bit North of Wellington, on the Western side of the lower North Island..? Drove through there many times when visiting a brother who was for a time in Wellington. Also enjoyed ducking down there for when they used to run the Nissan/Mobil 500, waterfront street race. Do you remember those - are you old enough even - maybe not as it was the mid 80s..?

As to the Greenline series. They are a very interesting concept, and if I was having my time over, I'd certainly be keen to get into one. That technology, as with road vehicles, is bound to develop a lot over time. Good luck with you efforts to obtain one. Please keep us informed. :flowers: :popcorn:

PS. Don't mind old RTF - he's still convinced we're all hanging upside down in our part of the world. :D

Hi Robert. Welcome to another member from Down-under. I hailed originally from the same place, only a little more North than you, in what one might well now call, for now anyway, 'the land of the America's Cup', rather than the 'long white cloud', shall we..?

The Kapiti Coast, if memory serves, is just a bit North of Wellington, on the Western side of the lower North Island..? Drove through there many times when visiting a brother who was for a time in Wellington. Also enjoyed ducking down there for when they used to run the Nissan/Mobil 500, waterfront street race. Do you remember those - are you old enough even - maybe not as it was the mid 80s..?

As to the Greenline series. They are a very interesting concept, and if I was having my time over, I'd certainly be keen to get into one. That technology, as with road vehicles, is bound to develop a lot over time. Good luck with you efforts to obtain one. Please keep us informed. :flowers: :popcorn:

PS. Don't mind old RTF - he's still convinced we're all hanging upside down in our part of the world. :D
Thanks...
and yes Kapiti 50KM north of Wellington and unfortunately I used to go to the Mobil 500 also back in the day !!!!
Cheers
Rob

Welcome aboard. You need to talk to ScottC, our only Greenline owner I recall. He experienced significant hull issues,applicable to boats built before a certain date. Try a search using "Greenline" for more info. He hasn`t posted in a while, but you can PM(Private Message) him.
Did you find Greenline in the Trawler Builders Forums listed on the TF main home page?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom