Hi from Canada's East Coast
I have been following this forum for years but this is my first post. I am currently working on a 1990 Island Gypsy 36 (hull 114) project boat. The boat has been sitting on the hard for 6-8 years. It has a pair of low hour 225L Ford Sabre diesels and a 4.4 Westerbeke generator.
I have removed the 5 rusty original steel fuel tanks and going with 3 new custom made aluminum tanks. Just finished painting bilges/engine room and re-bedded all the aluminum windows.
A short list of remaining work includes
- Sandblasting, epoxy coating and repainting bottom
- Painting hull and structure
- Pulling shafts and replacing shaft seals
- Re-installing fuel system with all new lines
- Redoing non-skid areas and refinishing teak decks
- New floor for main salon
- Refinishing all exterior wood and about half the interior wood work
- Re-installing the flybridge I had to cut off to transport it up from CT
Have lots of work ahead but optimistically hoping to have it in the water for next season. I'm using the forum for lots of helpful information but if anyone has information specific to the IG 36 or the 225L sabre's its always appreciated.