Hey there trawler people

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
My Sunshine
Vessel Make
1987 President/ Cockpit/upper deck
Hi Everybody My Names Mike. I don't know if I publishing this in the right place but I'm brand new here, I own a 1987 38' President cockpit cruiser with a full upper deck. I'm a captain and boat nut and look forward to sharing and gaining knowledge from all of you:)

Welcome aboard. We just sold our President 41 last June. Like he said we need photos …

Welcome to TF!! You will have lots of fun here.

Claims of being a trawler owner without accompanying photos are placed in the “unconfirmed” file around here. Welcome to the forum.

Oh yeah pics

Will have to get some pics up huh

Weclome aboard! You'll find the folks here very smart and helpful

Myself excluded on the smart part:)

And some of us are not even trawler people anymore but have been here too long to get kicked off. Welcome aboard. Glad to have you, even if it turns out your photo is a canoe.:)

Hey y'all thanks for all of your comments and support:) I put up a pic but it ring showing yet. I Will get this figured out! Until then anyone kn ow if I can fit a Lehman 1230 into my Canoe?:)

Welcome aboard! By the way, your anchor is too small. Just thought I’d get that out of the way. It will come up at some point.

Welcome aboard! By the way, your anchor is too small. Just thought I’d get that out of the way. It will come up at some point.

Not only is it too small, it is the wrong type…

Welcome aboard! Sorry I can't help with your Lehman question. I'm sure someone will chime in.

Not only is it too small, it is the wrong type…

And you're supposed to have two engines, not one, or one, not two, whatever, whichever you have, one or two engines, it should be the other! :D

Welcome to the forum!

And then there's that dinghy.....

No boat, yet

I all. My name is Barnett. I'm in the Tampa Bay area and researching a live-aboard for my wife and myself. I've looked at a lot of boats for sale, and they all seem to come from the '70's and seem on the high side for a 50 year old boat (100K? Really???). Is there any such animal as a duel-helmed, 3 or 4 cabin trawler that does over 9kts?

I all. My name is Barnett. I'm in the Tampa Bay area and researching a live-aboard for my wife and myself. I've looked at a lot of boats for sale, and they all seem to come from the '70's and seem on the high side for a 50 year old boat (100K? Really???). Is there any such animal as a duel-helmed, 3 or 4 cabin trawler that does over 9kts?

Maybe, if what you want is something that goes over the "hull" or economical speed of a "trawler" is not the right name for what you are looking for but rather a "cruiser," which is what quite a lot of people on TF own. Price-wise, you are in the middle of the worst possible time to buy a boat in the class you are thinking of.

Thanks, won't be until mid to late next year. Must convince the First Mate of the soundness of this plan. Need to see one set of kids in winter (Florida), and the other set in summer (NJ). Maybe do the loop.

bhfrankel, are you considering any strategies like a week-long trawler lease to bring the FM around to your way of thinking?

Back
Top Bottom