Hello Ya All!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MIKE Ferris

Vessel Name
Nickles and Dimes
Vessel Make
Carver Californian
Hello Fellow Boaters!

My Wife and I have river property on the Allegheny River north of Pittsburgh. Our dock and home is at the 33.8 Mile maker where the boat is docked for the summers and then we move it just 3 locks down to the Oakmont Yacht Club where it becomes a floating cottage for the winter months. The ship is a 1988 Carver Californian 45 with Twin Cat 3208's. We've owned this boat for 10 years now and love it. When I bought it a installed a webasto diesel fired hot water heating system that heats the boat for the winter. Pool 2 on the Allegheny is virtually ice free for the winter so it is a safe haven for boats in the water.

Although we haven't had the time or the money to travel much other than the 3 rivers of Pittsburgh we will someday be on the move. I will extend an invitation to any vagabons that may end up on the Ohio, Allegheny or Monongahela rivers that our dock is always open to transients.

Thanks for accepting me into the forum!

Mike and Kim Ferris
Motor Vessel Nickles and Dimes

PS. If any of you have a Carver Cal 45 with Twin Cat's I'm looking for a spare set of props.

Mike
Welcome aboard TF
Others will bug you for pictures so I'll pass on that.
I would offer that we have a Classified section for boating stuff that you might post your prop wants with full info.
Just read thru the guidelines and put them in the non boat section.

Back
Top Bottom