Hello from Wisconsin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JD750lgp

Vessel Name
Dirty Paws
Vessel Make
Mainship 31 sedan bridge
Hello all, new to the forum. I currently own a Mainship 31 Sedan Bridge but we’re looking for a trawler to do some longer range cruising and eventually the loop. Hoping to learn some more about trawlers.

Welcome aboard TF

Welcome to the forum. There is certainly lots of info and great minds to learn from here but be warned, don’t ask about anchors or whether twins or singles are best. Enjoy!!

Are you on the St Croix?

TrawlerFest is a reasonable stop for Newbies, 5-7Mar20.
https://www.passagemaker.com/trawlerfest/trawlerfest-stuart-2020
Learn the main issues and see some boats. Not as useful for more experienced boaters...
Stuart FL, a good place to go in March from Wisconsin.
I went to Trawlerfest 2y ago from Madison.
Now I am sitting in my Trawler in St Pete, where it was 80F today...

I'm in Milwaukee on Kinnickinnic River

Did you ever hear the story about the cop who found a dead horse on Kinnicknnic road but couldn't spell that so he dragged it over to Maple ?

Seriously though. I'll have to drag out my charts and see where that river is and does it empty into Lake Michigan? This summer, come hell or high water, we are going to go to Chicago from our home port on Green Bay at Oconto. Very excited about doing the Chicago river. Maybe all the way to the Calumet river and do that "mini loop". Maybe we can do some Milwaukee "rivering".

Welcome Aboard. A 31 Mainship is a decent boat but it isn't a trawler. My advice is to look in the 36 - 40 foot range. Keep up posted about what you are looking at. Remember we like specifics and pictures.

pete

The "KK" River empties into Lake Michigan at the harbor in Milwaukee. We were talking about going to Chicago this summer too. I know they are shutting down some of the locks on the Illinois River this summer but that is pretty far down. Trawler wise 36-41' is exactly what we are looking for. Unfortunately not to many show up around this area, all seem to be down South. If you see one let me know.

Brian

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom