Hello from Wisconsin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bob B.

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Honu
Vessel Make
25 foot Atlas Acadia
I am new to this forum, but have read many posts here over the years. We have a trailerable Acadia 25 with a small Yanmar inboard . My wife and I explore the upper Mississippi River with it, and plan to travel Lake Michigan as well. I look forward to gathering more info from this sight as most of our lives we boated in go fast boats, most recently a twin outboard center console. The speed and comfort our little Acadia fits our lifestyle better now and we are planning trips of much longer duration, more time on the water. I am glad to be a part of your community.

Bob.

Welcome Bob! I too am a newcomer. For Lake Michigan can I suggest a trip up the Bruce and over to Washington Island, then across to Beaver Island and down to the Fox and Manitou Islands. In my opinion this is likely some of the most beautiful water in the world. Just don't tell anyone ok? Bill

When Truax Airfield Base was active as 45th Division NORAD headquarters, my father and family were posted to Madison. Back then there were many active Canadian military at the base as part of NORAD. This was back in the mid-60's. Madison and surrounding areas were wonderful to explore and enjoy as a teen with a new driver's license.

I did my Power Squadron course back then and we belonged to some yacht club I remember in kind of a canal, narrow body of water. So my life long love of boating began there, and my life long hatred of Johnson outboards began there.

Trailer it on over to any port on the west coast of Green Bay. Oconto, Marinette, etc. Talk to the locals and head out to Chambers island, Washington island or any points in Door County. You will love it

pete

Trailer it on over to any port on the west coast of Green Bay. Oconto, Marinette, etc. Talk to the locals and head out to Chambers island, Washington island or any points in Door County. You will love it

pete

If you like the Jersey shore, Chicago, Milwaukee, Niagra Falls, and Coney Island you'll like Door County. Packed marinas and crowded T-shirt towns with a gazillion weekenders and tourists from Illinois and southeastern Wisconsin (plus loopers in late summer). Ughh.

Last edited:
Welcome! We spent a few seasons on the St Croix, (Sea Ray 320) and berthed at Miss Croix Yacht Harbor in Prescott. Miss the blue water and sandy beaches, but not the winter!

Ok, two references for Washington Island (moparharn Pete meisinger), ... we are very interested ... any issues with Death’s Door we should know about? We are excited to explore more of the Great Lakes and trailering is a great way to do that. Thanks for the replies everyone.

Bob

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom