Hello from Trois-Rivieres, Quebec, Canada

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vieil-Eau

Vessel Name
Vieil-Eau
Vessel Make
Artisanal Trawler made in 1945!
Hi gang! First, excuse my poor english writing. I'm a french Quebecer. I will try to be understood. I just found your forum, my forum! :hello:

Just to annonce my trawler who is a 1945 motorized lifeboat, homemade modified to be a trawler in 1971. It have a Volvo Penta AQ130C (1969) of 130 hp for motor. Behind the wheel, it have 2 folded seats (one for the captain and the other for the helper...!), 4 opening windows (one on each side and two for the front). You have a door between the seats to go to the captain room in the bow. On each side just before entering in the room, you have on port side: a small ''wardrobe'' and on starboard side: a dry toilet. In the Captain's room, you have 6 closed windows and one opening window on the top. And, for sure, a bed! In the back after the rigid top, on the stern, you have: an inboard motor, a room with folded walls, windows and top with 3 long seats who can had 4 persons easily.

My boat, now, was stored. I don't have pics anymore because it's first true ride will be in June 2019. So I will take some good pics!

I will try to show you some old pics in the middle of the modifications.

Hi gang! First, excuse my poor english writing. I'm a french Quebecer. I will try to be understood. I just found your forum, my forum! :hello:

Just to annonce my trawler who is a 1945 motorized lifeboat, homemade modified to be a trawler in 1971. It have a Volvo Penta AQ130C (1969) of 130 hp for motor. Behind the wheel, it have 2 folded seats (one for the captain and the other for the helper...!), 4 opening windows (one on each side and two for the front). You have a door between the seats to go to the captain room in the bow. On each side just before entering in the room, you have on port side: a small ''wardrobe'' and on starboard side: a dry toilet. In the Captain's room, you have 6 closed windows and one opening window on the top. And, for sure, a bed! In the back after the rigid top, on the stern, you have: an inboard motor, a room with folded walls, windows and top with 3 long seats who can had 4 persons easily.

My boat, now, was stored. I don't have pics anymore because it's first true ride will be in June 2019. So I will take some good pics!

I will try to show you some old pics in the middle of the modifications.

Bonjour et bienvenue! Et, voila, la totale de mon Francais! ; )

Hi Guys! Do you know how I can put some pics who are taken in the mid of her resurection...!

Heille le Bleuvet! Fantastique, tu parles français? T'es de où?

Je vois que tu es de Québec, quel est le port d'attache de ton Bleuvet?

Pictures

QUOTE=David Hughes;716026]Bonjour et bienvenue! Et, voila, la totale de mon Francais! ; )[/QUOTE]

Can you tell me how I can put some old pics of my Le Vieil-Eau?

Thanks,

Capt Fred (Maritime nickname!):thumb:
(aka Daniel Frigon)

Welcome Daniel, we are neighbours :socool:
To insert pictures, when you are writing a post or reply you will see an icon in the row above where are typing. One is a small picture and if you point on it, it will say, Insert Image. Pick on this and a window will come up for you to pick pictures from your computer, laptop etc. When you have all in that you want and download them then close the download window. Preview your post and the pictures should be there. Hope this helps.

Salut Daniel, mon port d'attache "officiel" est Quebec mais nous gardons le Bleuvet a Hawkesbury, Ontario pour le moment.

Hi Daniel, my "official" port of call is Quebec but we keep the Bleuvet at Hawkesbury, Ontario for now.

L

Ah Hawkesbury, where lots of old Montreal wine bottles go to die! Cold there now, mais non? I lived in Lachine et Ville Ste-Laurent for a dozen or so years When Bombardier was prospering. Welcome Le Vieil-Eau!

On a Mac when you post like I am doing there is a choice, "Post Quick Reply" or "Go Advanced." Choose the "Go" option and another screen pops open. You have to experiment with "Manage Attachments," and pretty much just follow the process, choose "upload" one at a time, "Preview" and finally, if you are happy and your photos are not upside down, "Submit Reply." It is a frustrating process until you have done it once or twice but it works.

Ahhh....Trois Riviere....home of the great Gilles Villeneuve. My son won the Grand Prix du Trois Riviere twice and was on the podium in another race. What a great city! It was our favorite stop on the circuit.

your racing son!

Ahhh....Trois Riviere....home of the great Gilles Villeneuve. My son won the Grand Prix du Trois Riviere twice and was on the podium in another race. What a great city! It was our favorite stop on the circuit.

What is his name, in which kind of race? Maybe I saw him won and maybe I take some pics of him, who knows? I go every year to the Grand Prix. Please, tell me more :thumb:

American friends in Florida

Bonjour et bienvenue! Et, voila, la totale de mon Francais! ; )

I have some friends who are not Quebecers, who live in Naples, FL. I'm not perfectly bilingual, but I think they understand me! I don't have to speak English where I live. It's close to Trois-Rivières between Quebec City and Montreal.

Ah Hawkesbury, where lots of old Montreal wine bottles go to die! Cold there now, mais non? I lived in Lachine et Ville Ste-Laurent for a dozen or so years When Bombardier was prospering. Welcome Le Vieil-Eau!

On a Mac when you post like I am doing there is a choice, "Post Quick Reply" or "Go Advanced." Choose the "Go" option and another screen pops open. You have to experiment with "Manage Attachments," and pretty much just follow the process, choose "upload" one at a time, "Preview" and finally, if you are happy and your photos are not upside down, "Submit Reply." It is a frustrating process until you have done it once or twice but it works.
Cold indeed and snowy. For now the boat is on the hard and at rest for... Well many months :)

L

What is his name, in which kind of race? Maybe I saw him won and maybe I take some pics of him, who knows? I go every year to the Grand Prix. Please, tell me more :thumb:

Alex Ardoin. He won the Star Mazda formula races in 2009 and 2010 and was third in 2008. For some reason he absolutely loved that circuit but he always seemed to excel in street races and tight quarters. Made me a bit nervous (as his major sponsor) due to the high cost of carbon fiber parts:eek:.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom