Hello Trawlers,

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ojaxz73

My name is Johnson, you can refer to me by Ojaxz73. I'm a marine beach master and a logistician.
I'm majorly into perssenger movement from one location to another.
I generally would be talking more about maintenance and engine repairs.

Thanks for having me on board the Trawler vessel.

Best,
Ojaxz73. :dance:

Welcome Ojaxz73,
Tell us more about what you do. Are you a captain running a ferry of some sort? Where in Nigeria? What type of Machinery? Always good to hear from a less heard from part of the world!

Welcome Ojaxz73,
Tell us more about what you do. Are you a captain running a ferry of some sort? Where in Nigeria? What type of Machinery? Always good to hear from a less heard from part of the world!

Hmm, less heard of part of the world eh? Well that's true cause we have a weak shipping industry devoid of full investment opportunities hence the need for someone like me to try harness the opportunity found around.
More on my self, I'm a logistics person I've worked on land transportation system, and now in marine. Not a boat captain but a beach master in control of captains and their ships/boats, handling documentation, sourcing for spare parts and the rest that will ensure the smooth operation of a shipping /marine department.
Which was what land me here in Trawler Forum.
I would be glad to know how and where I can source for parts, Good working engine parts and engines especially for Volvo penta engines manual and electrical engines,.

It's good to have me here and I look forward to a good relationship with everyone.
One more thing the part of Nigeria is called Delta, it's where all the crude producing flow stations are based, and there's a real demand for Perssenger /personnel carriers, tug boats and ocean going vessels there in.

Last edited:
I would like to buy your boat.

Thanks Menzies
I'm sure you mean well but unfortunately I'm not into boat sales and I personally don't have a boat for sale although I long to buy a speed boat from the US some day and ship it down to Nigeria for my personal use.
The boat I'm seeking to fix is a personal carrier needing a Volvo Penta diesel injector pump manual.
The boats available here in Nigeria will probably never pass inspection in the US, hence I will advise you don't even look for such deals anywhere in Nigeria, I'm not saying there aren't good and fantastic boats here, off corse there are but am saying thread cautiously and be vigilant in extending such sums of money.

Regards,
Ojaxz73.

Last edited by a moderator:
welcome! I have never heard the term "beach master" and have learned now what that is from you. Sounds like an interesting line of work.

Logistics in the US brings huge efficiencies to distribution and transportation. Improvements continue to be made, but all of the low hanging fruit have been wrung out of the biggest industries. I suspect that Nigeria is a land of opportunity for a logistician such as yourself.

welcome! I have never heard the term "beach master" and have learned now what that is from you. Sounds like an interesting line of work.

Really, wow well its basically what you would call a fleet manager in land transportation, same functions just now in marine.
Interesting, well yes the is by its also pretty challenging in the sense that one has got to deal with so many characters within the mariners(marine personnel) atimes they're no different from pirates when it concerns their fair share of anything.
Beach Master = Fleet Manager, that should make it easier to explain.

Logistics in the US brings huge efficiencies to distribution and transportation. Improvements continue to be made, but all of the low hanging fruit have been wrung out of the biggest industries. I suspect that Nigeria is a land of opportunity for a logistician such as yourself.

MY Traveler: there's a vast differential between the US and Nigeria, for someone like me I started out with my own company but the economic recession of 2007-2008 knocked me out flat I was into perssenger movement, Good transportation but when the heat came on, we closed shop.
I had to seek employment, right now the doors are opening because there's a lot of opportunities that's available with in the economy which leaves room for investment opportunity but capital could be a major hindrance.
Movement of goods across the country offers vast opportunity for those who can invest into truck fleet, while in the marine sector, crude and movement of PMS, AGO offers opportunity for those who can afford the sea going vessels.
So like you pointed it out, the opportunities around but you've got to have the muscle to compete and survive.

Back
Top Bottom