Hello trawler folks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gbernier

I don't own a trawler. However, my partner and I deliver boats. I like to join forums related to boats we move. It helps to get experienced advice from time to time. Currently we are delivering a 1979 29 Prairie Trawler from Boca Grande, FL to New Bern, ND via the Okeechobee Waterway and ICW. We're having some steering issues so I thought I'd reach out on the maintenance forum.

I don't own a trawler. However, my partner and I deliver boats. I like to join forums related to boats we move. It helps to get experienced advice from time to time. Currently we are delivering a 1979 29 Prairie Trawler from Boca Grande, FL to New Bern, ND via the Okeechobee Waterway and ICW. We're having some steering issues so I thought I'd reach out on the maintenance forum.

Are either of you captains? Or in what capacity do you deliver boats?

You don't have to be a licensed captain to deliver boats, at least not for recreational size boats.

With the owner on board for the delivery it gets a little sticky. I do it for fun not for money and I agree with the owner in advance that he is the captain and I am just a non paying passenger cruising for fun, which it is..

I have never tested this approach however.

David

Last edited:
You don't have to be a licensed captain to deliver boats, at least not for recreational size boats.

With the owner on board for the delivery it gets a little sticky. I do it for fun not for money and I agree with the owner in advance that he is the captain and I am just a non paying passenger cruising for fun, which it is..

I have never tested this approach however.

David

You are correct. I was just curious as to his deliveries, whether as a captain or for a broker or dealers or how they got into doing such.

Back
Top Bottom