Hello to TF / Another lurker converted to member

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasnielsen

Vessel Name
Ray Sea Lady
Vessel Make
Sea Ray AC
Hello there.... A newbie that's been lurking on the site for some time (lake boating and trawler dreaming). This site is full of wonderful people with terrific experiences and shiploads of knowledge. Approaching retirement eligibility next year and figure its time to get serious about my life-long dream of owning and living aboard a trawler.

You've come to the right spot. Many experts here along with lifetimes of experience.

What you won't find? Consensus!

You'll be wading through the weeds of contrary information - much of it mutually exclusive.

At the end of the day it'll still be up to you to fall in love with a boat (required if you're planning an LTR) and jump in with both feet.

WELCOME!

LOL! I've spent a career in federal civil service. If there's one thing I've learned it's there's always three ways of doing something :)
Looking forward to the dialogue...

Welcome aboard!

I also retired from Fed service, trying to keep it on the low down:hide:

Brad n Michelle....................Boat to be named later!

Welcome to the Forum. Good to have you, and hope to hear more from you as time goes by and you get closer to the realization of that dream that all of us (well, most of us anyway, or perhaps just some of us) have had. :)

Welcome aboard. Enjoy your search for the right boat for you. But search within yourself for what you may want to do with the boat.

Marty

Welcome aboard and ask away. Read between our egos for important information.

Welcome aboard and ask away. Read between our egos for important information.

Ha ha…I like that. Spot on Heal….oh and yeah, welcome about the board OP'er…sorry laughed so much at the above I forgot your handle, and it's off screen…but you know who you are…
(OP stands for original poster, 'case you didn't know).

texasnielson, Welcome aboard! Sounds like we have a few Feds aboard! What federal service do you work for? CSRS or FERS?

I retired a year ago from the FAA. It was a great career experience that I wouldn't trade for anything, but now the retirement life is even better!

I am also FAA. Hired in back in 1980 @ ZAN. Am CSRS and can't wait to invoke rule #1 - collect my retirement (healthy) for longer than it took to earn it!

Welcome from the upper Mississippi where it's about time to winterize & go home till mid March

Thanks to all of the welcomes... Always feel a little sorry for the folk who have put up for the winter. It may be cold here (TX) right now, but in a week I look forward to going back out to the boat for some R&R regardless of the temps...

Howdy TEX!

Were you on the AF side, or Controller side? I did 9 Navy and 23 FAA between ZDC and ZJX and retired 2 months after I was eligible :) Getting ready to pull the trigger and move aboard full time! Keep us posted........:socool:

Brad n Michelle..............................................................

Started as an ATCS... Ended up working in the old AF, Airports among the at least dozen unique jobs I've had. Eligible next October but the big "D" has put a kink in the original plan so now it's three or so years out (kept my retirement in tack though!). Anyway, never too early to start planning so here I am on the Forum....

LOL! I had 2 of the big "Ds" and just got married for the third time. 33 years all Air Traffic never took a management job:) Although if I had gotten into management I could probably afford a bigger yacht:banghead:

That's a situation I am dealing with also.... The "third time" decision.... Being in mgmt has only assured that the ex's got rewarded, not me (for that nice boat I keep dreaming of). Anyways, a boat makes all of the stuff "behind me" remain right there- behind me. I enjoy looking ahead to the next day on the water, be it sitting dockside in the slip or out trolling along the shoreline. What's that saying about any day on the boat beats. . . .?

That's a situation I am dealing with also.... The "third time" decision.... Being in mgmt has only assured that the ex's got rewarded, not me (for that nice boat I keep dreaming of). Anyways, a boat makes all of the stuff "behind me" remain right there- behind me. I enjoy looking ahead to the next day on the water, be it sitting dockside in the slip or out trolling along the shoreline. What's that saying about any day on the boat beats. . . .?

Great perspective.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom