Hello from a new Florida Couple

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

StaticB

Vessel Name
Donna Marie
Vessel Make
130ft Hatteras
Hello everyone from sunny Florida!

Welcome. Tell us about your cruising and that big Hatteras. If we vote by the foot around here you have controlling interest!:D We are in Florida at least for the next several months. Stick around we would love to see pictures.

Thanks for nice welcome. We have one crew member full time and hire short term crew as the situation calls for.

We have taken het to the "Med" three times and go to the Caribbean and the Bahamas often.

image-1274727857.jpg

Welcome aboard! We bought our boat in Ft Lauderdale 3 years ago & have been cruising the Keys & Bahamas during our Canadian winters. We will keep an eye out for you.

Welcome that's a beautiful boat.

Thanks to you all for the warm welcome. We are about to start a new search for a larger yacht. Donna said something like "bigger is better" I hope she was talking about a yacht and I'm not being traded in. lol

But before we do we both agree a short vacation cruise to the Bahamas is in order.

Welcome Aboard!
What is the draft of the Donna Marie? The water can be pretty skinny here in Florida.

The Donna Marie new drafted 8ft of water how ever in 2010 when she was in dry dock to be updates we installed a tunnel drive system, she drafts six feet. We also have a 17ft Novurania with a 140 Suzuki and two jet skis we can lift off the sky deck for shallow water and fun.

The Donna Marie new drafted 8ft of water how ever in 2010 when she was in dry dock to be updates we installed a tunnel drive system, she drafts six feet. We also have a 17ft Novurania with a 140 Suzuki and two jet skis we can lift off the sky deck for shallow water and fun.
Welcome, Beautiful boat!! Thats about the same draft as our boat. :)

Welcome aboard, very very nice yacht. These are tons of GRP. Next one again GRP or Steel/Alu?

Think you already know Amels Holland BV. (Since 1991 a member of Damen Shipyards Group)

CeesH

You can make 6 feet work in Florida, especially with the shallow draft toys on deck!
What yard did the work? Changing from a conventional to tunnel drive was a big job.

Well we are heading out today, leaving Clearwater Florida, around the Keys to spend a couple of weeks in the Bahamas then back to Ft Lauderdale to view a couple of yachts that we may trade up too.

Welcome! You guys could probably use my Tolly 40 for a dingy. Sweet ride!

Welcome aboard both.
Bigger than 130'..hmmm...I think the Canadian navy has a frigate for sale!!!!

Even says the owner wants to downsize.

The best of TF is to meet your local, fellow boaters. No doubt your boat will accommodate all those local to you. (Boat is in berth: Matt, in the striped shirt, is merely holding the wheel.)

img_194505_0_2772e390f823be128cf072c23f230c2d.jpg

Last edited:
They seem to be lurking but no longer interested in talking about their boat.

Maybe they were looking to sell it to Galaxy Girl!

Maybe they were looking to sell it to Galaxy Girl!

It does make one wonder what they were up to, doesn't it?

It seems like they may have been rank amateurs considering they posted photos of someone else's boat and gave a boat name and details that are so easily checked.

Since getting into the large yacht side of Waterworld I am constantly amazed by the number and variety of characters dreamers, crooks, and schemers who walk the docks and lurk in the corners of the business.

Brokers who have been around for a while have stories enough to fill a book. I wish one would write that book but I suppose the market is too small to make it profitable.

Get a few brokers together for lunch around here (sadly, not as easy since Chuck's closed its doors) and there are some great stories.

I had to stifle a laugh watching this one go down in real time over 3 forums. By the quality of stories my local broker has shared with me I can only imagine stories them Florida brokers dealing with the big boy toys could share.

Btw, good job outing them Rick. :thumb::thumb:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom