Hello members - a new member from Oz

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bogranjac1

Hello to all members,
I have been a member for a little while and decided to 'finally' formally introduce myself. Basically my slowness to introduce myself was being unsure of the calibre of members was sufficient that I didn't need to wear asbestos underwear if I got 'flamed' for making an uninformed or silly comment. You mob seem level headed patient helpful and POLITE !!! -- enough now of the patronage.

Like most I guess who join, I am looking at getting a boat and using the knowledge of the members hopefully to assist but, not influence my choice of vessel.
Regards
Brett

Gday Bogranjac.

What sort of boat are you looking for? We picked our Riv up last year (nearly 12months ago now) and spent quite awhile looking before that. Lots of well priced boats over your way (when we were looking, anyway). We were about to seriously consider a WA purchase and ship over to QLD when the one we ended up buying turned up 2 mins away from home.

Welcome aboard!

Welcome aboard. Don't worry about the silly comments, seems we have all made them so join the club.

Greetings,
Welcome aboard. Silly comments? Well!.....I never....
Overly-Excited-Goat-GIF.gif

Welcome aboard! I was going to warn you about RTF, but I see there is no need. Don't worry, he's mostly harmless.

Al, I thought it was your turn to watch him. He usually doesn't do this to new members. I think he likes to suck them by being nice then later he hits them with his insanity.

I think we've lost Janice as well.

RTF, I do like the goats.

I think we've lost Janice as well.

RTF, I do like the goats.

What's wrong with my goat?
P.S. - I'm not lost. I've got paper charts and a Garmin76 GPS too.

Janice it is the finest goat I've ever seen.

Brett, sorry for the thread drift. If you think this is bad, just say the word "Anchor" and see what you start.

Welcome aboard Brett. Be brave, tell us the kind of boat you have in mind. Yes, someone will say "Mate, mate, mate,(any statement prefaced by 3 "mates" raises alerts) if it was me, I wouldn`t.....", but just jump in. You have some interesting sturdy boats with fishing origins built over there.

At the risk of getting on your goat, a Monty Python book listed "Things Famous People Said About Goats". No one had said anything, except Sir Walter Raleigh, who was attributed with: "I must put on a goat". Sadly, the Editor noted "(Possibly Misheard)"

So...to sum that all up. Gidday, and welcome to Trawler Forum, just don't ask for a definition of 'trawler' is all...you might just get what you asked for...with bells on...

Hello to all members,
I have been a member for a little while and decided to 'finally' formally introduce myself. Basically my slowness to introduce myself was being unsure of the calibre of members was sufficient that I didn't need to wear asbestos underwear if I got 'flamed' for making an uninformed or silly comment. You mob seem level headed patient helpful and POLITE !!! -- enough now of the patronage.

Like most I guess who join, I am looking at getting a boat and using the knowledge of the members hopefully to assist but, not influence my choice of vessel.
Regards
Brett
Welcome Brett. But please don't horn in on the uninformed and silly comment terrain. That's my turf.

thx for the warm welcome,
"what sort of boat are you looking for " asks sufti.
answer --- a displacement type around 30 feet, nice a slow, and a nice rear deck to get plastered on from midday onwards.
being my first real boat beyond a 'tinnie' it's gotta be cheap - hell I mightn't even wanna be a boatie full time. But that's the plan just float around the rivers bays and islands of Queensland, doing little coastal hops from pub to pub. Eating mud crabs and trolling for a few spainards and generally stooging about on the pick.

I'm a bit keen on this boat below

Used 1982 CUDDLES 30 CRUISER Boat For Sale - boatsales.com.au

Here's my first question 'what is you're first offer on a boat's price' or for fun what did you offer for your first boat purchase
'Cause I reckon with boats it's a buyers market and owners inflate by a minimum of 33% of what it's market valued.
Plus brokers have gotta be the most slimmy of all salesmen. LoL.

Welcome aboard. That is a good looking boat. Is that a solar panel ?

First boats I want to see upon getting to Oz is some of those wonderful timber prawn boats up close. The second is one of those Cuddles Cruisers. Every photo I've see shows a practical layout in a reasonably attractive package not always an easy balance.

welcome that looks like a interesting boat for the price

Welcome B1
Good to have another Aussie on board, especially another possible Cuddles Cruiser.

Back
Top Bottom