Hello from Maryland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kehoff

Veteran Member
Vessel Make
wilbur 38
I am a new trawler owner 36 cheoy , we live in Cambridge Maryland , our first trip will be bringing it home from Connecticut , I will be looking for a captain for the first part through Ny

The best way I have found when hiring captain's is to get one in the city your leaving from or from the city you are going to, this way you are only paying air fare one way. I will PM you a captain in your area whom I have personally used in your area, think he's from Oxford or Easton.

We used him to run our boat from Oxford to Norfolk, great guy, retired Fire Chief/Captain. Super knowledgeable and would trust him with any boat. His price is in line with all the other captain we have hired, so he's no more or less than going rate.

Welcome aboard and enjoy your new boat. Pictures would be nice.

Welcome, kehoff, and congratulations on the new boat and for having the good sense to hire knowledgeable help. I assume from the tone of your post you will be along to learn. If I have noticed any one Achilles heel in deliveries of new-to-the-owner boats it is the potential to end up adrift with fouled fuel filters. Be sure you have checked or changed the fuel filters and know how to prime the engine(s). Carry extra filters. Hopefully, your boat has been operating recently rather than sitting idle for a long time allowing asphaltines and other gunk to settle in the tanks and shut you down the first time the boat rolls more than a couple of degrees. Hope to hear of your adventure.

Welcome aboard and congrats on your new boat.

Back
Top Bottom