Hello from Key Largo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

homeby5

Hey guys,
My wife and I live in Key Largo and we have been boaters our whole lives. We mainly have owned smaller fishing boats and a Sporty convertable. Anyway...as we are nearing retirement we are looking to buying a trawler and doing the Island jaunt thing. Figured this would be a good place to hang and learn.
Anyway....Hello to all :)
Tom

Welcome. I love Key Largo, kept a boat on the deep water canal next to Harry Harris Park. Great memories.

Lots of good info here by some pretty smart and experienced boaters.

Welcome Homeby5.
I was just down in Marathon, Helped Deliver a 38 Morgan to Boot Key. Good luck with your search. Lots of knowledgeable people here willing to help.

Welcome aboard. I can sometimes be found in Key Largo on Point Pleasant Bayside between ICW 54 and 55 enjoying a sunset with a refreshing beverage.

:socool:

KeysD

I’ve been known to spend a night or two in the same area. I can’t get too close to shore because I draw 5 feet but there is plenty of water in the center. Nice area.

You can carry 6 ft right up to Point Pleasant and close enough to get out of the East wind. There are several 6ft draft sailboats docked in that vicinity, and the bottoms got at least a foot of mud and eel grass on it.

:socool:

KeysD

I’ve been known to spend a night or two in the same area. I can’t get too close to shore because I draw 5 feet but there is plenty of water in the center. Nice area.

Attachments

• 4-6-2.jpg
    4-6-2.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 138
Thanks, I prefer to be further away but I’ll keep it in mind.

Back
Top Bottom