Old 05-04-2020, 01:32 PM   #1

City: Attleboro
landlocked newbie

HI everyone,
I was blessed growing up in late 50's to early 70's. Really fun times. My dad
loved sailing and he had a Cheoy Lee Lion class sloop built of Teak, with African mahongany carvings on the interior. It was a beautiful boat--"Southern Cross." I looked at the power boats, but the Trawler type as a recreational boat, didn't really exist. Egg Harbor and Christ Craft, and early Boston Whaler was all I ever saw.
Fast forward to the 2000's. WOW. It is fun to read about, and dream about what might have been.
I'm a "gearhead." I like to view and read up on different boats, cars, planes and trains. But I am a car guy. I like and own 2 corvettes, an 2003 which is for sale, and our 87 C4 named blueboy, and it is "the money pit." In a different time, I would have a trawler in the 36-44' range.
mr fixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 01:54 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

City: Au Gres, MI
Vessel Name: Black Dog
Vessel Model: Formula 41PC
Welcome aboard.
Comodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 01:09 PM   #3
Guru

City: Qualicum Beach, Vancouver Island
Vessel Name: Capricorn
Vessel Model: Mariner 30 - Sedan Cruiser 1969
In your title you say you are land locked but don't talk much about that, do you want to boat but can't because of location. If you weren't land locked "would (you) have a trawler in the 36 - 44' range?"

Welcome.
rsn48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 03:50 PM   #4
Guru

City: Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Vessel Name: Xanadu
Vessel Model: Mainship 37 Motor Yacht
In 2015 my wife and I and a couple good friends did just one speck, one micron of the Loop from Newport RI up the Hudson to Albany, then shipped our boat home. It was frightfully expensive by the time we were all done, but we wouldn't trade those 300-something miles for the world and someday we'll ship the boat back up to Duluth and launch back into open water. I'm not sure we'll ever do the interior half of the Loop, but up and over and down at least part of the east coast for sure. Such a worthwhile item on the bucket list. Hope you can make it happen.
kthoennes is offline   Reply With Quote