Old 05-05-2020, 05:44 PM   #41
Veteran Member

City: Sardinia
Vessel Model: DP 56 Asterion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
We live in one of the better cruising areas of the world, so I've been told
I only just scratched the surface of your neck of the woods, when I spent a few weeks in Vancouver and took the opportunity to cross by ferry to Nanaimo, and then drive up to Tofino. And on the way back, I took the ferry from Victoria instead, so as I recall I also drove through Ladysmith.
I guess you could say that I saw nothing, also because the only boating bits were by ferry.
But it was enough to have a hunch of how impressive your landscapes can be, anyway!
MapisM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 12:46 PM   #42
Guru

City: Malmö
Vessel Name: ABsolutely FABulous
Vessel Model: Greenline 33 Hybrid (2010)
Hej och välkommen NanShan!

What a fine new yacht you have acquired!

We cruised from Sweden to Gruissan, France last year and left our boat there for the winter. The plan for this year was to cruise from Gruissan to Genova (for a nice, long stay), down the coast, around Sicily and leave the boat in Malta for the coming winter. To do this, without rushing too much, means we would need to be leaving Gruissan about now. This, obviously, won't happen. It's a trip we're very much looking forward to, but it seems it might not happen until 2021.

It's great to find you in this forum, as I expect we'll be in need of some tips once we manage to get to the Genova area. Time permitting, we'll also try to visit Sardegna.

Med vänliga hälsningar från Sverige.
ScottC is offline   Reply With Quote