Hello from the frozen tundra

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DAVE C

Hi I am Dave C, My mate (MissC) and I are in the planning stage now and searching for a trawler. No hurry at this time, just waiting for the right boat to come along. Navy man with 10 years at sea, all in the Pacific and Indian oceans. I figure we will be living aboard within 5 years. Much good info on this site.

Hi I am Dave C, My mate (MissC) and I are in the planning stage now and searching for a trawler. No hurry at this time, just waiting for the right boat to come along. Navy man with 10 years at sea, all in the Pacific and Indian oceans. I figure we will be living aboard within 5 years. Much good info on this site.

So do you plan on being a live a board on the north east, south east, north west coast or south west coast? Its easier to be a live aboard in the warmer climates so if you buy a warm climate boat it may not be cold climate ready and you need a bigger capable boat. Most cold weather boats are warm weather ready but maybe more boat than would be needed for the warm climate. :socool:

We are going to spend summers north and go south for the winter. Thats the plan so far. I never want to see snow again.......

Howdy, Retired Navy/Coast Guard here. Our boat is stored in Green Bay over the winter and we have a slip in Michigan. Used to keep it in Door County, so we're familiar with that area. We're beginning to think about selling it in a year or two, so who knows, the timing might match up. Anyway, if you have questions about boating on Lakes Michigan and Northern Huron, fire away. PM if you prefer. Regards

Thanks, We are actually on the MN/WI border, so we will be starting on the St Croix and Mississippi. Hope to do the Great Loop to start with.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom