Hello and forgive my verbosity

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dani-lu

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Dani-Lu
Vessel Make
Searay/410 Sundancer
My wife and I are in the early stages of looking into becoming liveaboards, for approx 6 months per year. We currently boat from spring thru fall on Long Island, NY. Our boat is a Sea Ray 410 Sundancer. We live on our boat every weekend and weeks at a time during summer vacations. I once single handidly piloted our boat to and from Florida. My wife and I want to live on a boat part time in the next couple of years. We want more room and we are leaning towards Trawlers.

I look forward to learning a lot, especially since I have a lot to learn.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Jeff

Jeff - Lindenhurst, eh...

Back in the day! I was born in Freeport; grew up in N. Merrick off Jerusulem Ave. Boated out of both Merrick and Freeport. Always went north on boat trips. Ended up moving to Maine in very late teens; Penobscot Bay region.

Welcome aboard! - Art

Last edited:
Art - yeah we boat out of Lindenhurst and live on the north shore. We like boating on the Great South Bay on the south shore. Beaches, Fire Island, easy ocean access, etc. We have not made it to Maine yet, heard it is beautiful, but we do go to Block Island, Rhode Island every season. Good meeting ya.

Welcome to the forum! Enjoy the search for your new boat.

Ted

My wife and I are in the early stages of looking into becoming liveaboards, for approx 6 months per year. We currently boat from spring thru fall on Long Island, NY. Our boat is a Sea Ray 410 Sundancer. We live on our boat every weekend and weeks at a time during summer vacations. I once single handidly piloted our boat to and from Florida. My wife and I want to live on a boat part time in the next couple of years. We want more room and we are leaning towards Trawlers.

I look forward to learning a lot, especially since I have a lot to learn.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Jeff

My first question would be to answer what you like about living aboard the Sundancer and what you don't like? What speeds do you currently cruise? While trawlers may have more space, they'll also be slower.

Welcome.
That wasn't very verbose.

Small world here- I was raised in Copiague-where I started learning about boats.

That's not what I call verbose. But whatever the length of message, please limit the length of paragraphs to about six lines. (Saying this in anticipation of possible future verbose messages.)

Jeff - Lindenhurst, eh...

Back in the day! I was born in Freeport; grew up in N. Merrick off Jerusulem Ave. Boated out of both Merrick and Freeport. Always went north on boat trips. Ended up moving to Maine in very late teens; Penobscot Bay region.

Welcome aboard! - Art

Art - yeah we boat out of Lindenhurst and live on the north shore. We like boating on the Great South Bay on the south shore. Beaches, Fire Island, easy ocean access, etc. We have not made it to Maine yet, heard it is beautiful, but we do go to Block Island, Rhode Island every season. Good meeting ya.

OMG, What exit?

Welcome.

Small world here- I was raised in Copiague-where I started learning about boats.

That's not what I call verbose. But whatever the length of message, please limit the length of paragraphs to about six lines. (Saying this in anticipation of possible future verbose messages.)

LOL! You and Eric could get together and form the TF Word Police.

Rule 1. No long or runon sentences.

Rule 2. No long or runon paragraphs.

Rule 3. No non-defined TLAs.

Rule 4. No being verbose!

"Vee have rules!"

Welcome.

Small world - good to meet you Ken. My daughter is dating a guy that lives in Copiague.

OMG, What exit?

LOL! You and Eric could get together and form the TF Word Police.

Rule 1. No long or runon sentences.

Rule 2. No long or runon paragraphs.

Rule 3. No non-defined TLAs.

Rule 4. No being verbose!

"Vee have rules!"

Danke Schoen

My first question would be to answer what you like about living aboard the Sundancer and what you don't like? What speeds do you currently cruise? While trawlers may have more space, they'll also be slower.

Sorry for this tardy reply.

We don't live aboard our Sundancer. We stay on it almost every weekend May thru Sept, at our home port, other marinas and anchorages.

We cruise at 20 to 21 knots/2350 rpms. Our Cat diesels could run all day and night at this RPM.

We are leaning towards a semi displacement trawler, allowing us to run at an economical 8kts with longer range, but if we need to get somewhere in a hurry, we have the horses to get there.

The key to the trawler for us is, roomy ER allowing me to DIY most maintenance and basic repairs, a lot of storage and shallow draft (ICW/Keys/Bahamas). Our Sea Ray only answers the shallow draft. We do love our Sea Ray, but for us, it is not a live aboard. We have friends that would have no issue living aboard their 34' Sea Ray Sundancer.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom