Hello from the FL Panhandle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BlindHog

Vessel Name
Southern C's
Vessel Make
Cabo 31 Express
Life time boater and currently own a 25' center console, but my parents have had various boats including a woodie GB 42 that I loved and now a Hatteras 43 MY.

I'm fortunate to have an office on the water (and a window!) and every fall watch the great loop migration go by. Below are a few of the boats that have gone by and doing the loop is a life time goal, hence the main reason I'm stopping by. ;)

img_282048_0_91afa31c1690508a4e1f29f938366cf4.jpg

img_282048_1_fcdc6d550066421aca2ed01a9a3b182f.jpg

img_282048_2_1ed701ecf7953b4c1a1fc51dbbf669f2.jpg

img_282048_3_86404130a01ea70e4b58c704c3d97075.jpg

Welcome, BlindHog.

Awwwwe, sugar sand beaches and aqua green waters not to mention the great seafood of the Panhandle. It's never too early to start.

Thanks Moonstruck. I'm actually considering trailering my boat up river and cruising back down with my son as mini cruising/camping trips. I'm currently working on a topside refit but maybe next fall could do something like that.

Thanks Moonstruck. I'm actually considering trailering my boat up river and cruising back down with my son as mini cruising/camping trips. I'm currently working on a topside refit but maybe next fall could do something like that.

You have some great cruising and fishing in your area. I have fished along in 12-15 ft of water all the way from East Pass at Destin to Perdido Pass in absolutely clear water. The water that boils up out of Desoto Canyon is clean and beautiful. It can be a lot like the Keys.

To which river are you referring?

Fishing is my first love - I know the waters well. ;)

I was thinking of trailering up to Eufula and coming back down on the Chattahoochee to Apalachicola. With my ten year old I think it would be a fun trip, but right now just a dream.

Blindhog, we are neighbors. We live in Boggy Bayou right next to North Light Marina. Let us know when you are down our way and stop by. Or we can meet at Spectre Island sometime. It is our favorite local anchorage. Welcome to TF!

Roger - I noticed you were nearby in a separate thread. I keep my boat near Rogers crossing just down from Spector!

We have been by there many times, it is a beautiful area. We often stop at Bluewater Bay Marina or anchor at Spectre Is. or other spot along the islands.

We should try to have a TF Panhandle raft up at Spectre Island some time!

Welcome, we love the Panhandle!

Ditto on loving the Panhandle. One of the reasons we got the KK Manatee was for the shallow draft, figuring that we didn't want to leave out the Big Bend of FL. Welcome to TF and looking forward to seeing you Trawlerize your future.

Welcome and what a great office

Welcome!
great pictures!
I spent several years in Fort Walton Beach and Destin.
That was over 30 years ago, and I'm sure it's changed tremendously.

Beautiful part of the country!

I was thinking of trailering up to Eufula and coming back down on the Chattahoochee to Apalachicola. With my ten year old I think it would be a fun trip, but right now just a dream.

Friend of mine did that trip from Eufala to Apalachicola and said it was one of the better experiences of his life. If you ever want to talk to him about it shoot me a PM and I'll give you his email address.

Oh, and welcome to the Forum.

Thanks John. I'm doing a top side re-do this winter and if funds allow for canvas then I might try to do this in late Spring.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom