Hello to all

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Robandjudy1

Vessel Name
Shelby Too
Vessel Make
27’ CATALINA
Thank you for the information that has already been of great help. We are looking at a 30’ Vega Horizon as a project and upgrade. There is so much to like. The sad part is it has been ignored for the last few years and has a full to overflowing holding tank.
So far I have been unable to find any means to empty the stink bomb. There is just something about “ SOMEBODY ELSES “. As much potential that this boat has,GAG.
Any and all advice or ideas I’m sure will help.
Humor helps.
Thanks.
Robandjudy1

I am a bit partial to the Vega Horizon, as I own one. Fun boat, no two are alike as most have had the interiors changed as well as the exteriors. I have hull number 100. In 1988 she underwent a major refit. Rigging changed, head redone, engine changed, interior redone in cypress and mahogany. Since that time she has modernized in other ways.

I know of another Horizon for sale (not mine) that may be less of a project located on the East Coast. PM me for more info.

Thank you for the response.
The one we are looking at is here in Newport OR. Quite a project as it had been ignored for several years but has all the right parts.
I believe we will make an offer today. The overflowing holding tank is something that dropped the offer considerably. I may be wrong but it just screams of carelessness and irresponsibility. Not to mention just plain gross

I hope it works out. The Horizon is a fine boat. Everyone I take aboard are surprised how well she can sail. She will never win a race, but I am more than satisfied.

Do a forum search for "headmistress" she is a forum user that may be able to help you out with any head/holding tank issues.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom