Hello All

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RobK

Hello Everyone,

As I currently don’t own a trawler, my intention was to lay low and enjoy the forum quietly, but since I’ve already been compelled to post a few times I thought I’d better introduce myself.

My name is Rob and I am a native of Seattle. My boating experience began in 1994 when my parents bought a 1988 Bayliner 4515. In 1998, my father tossed the keys to my brother and I and I had use of that boat until we sold her in October of last year.

I have whatever loose screw it is that causes one to fall in love with wooden boats and have spent the last few years studying wooden boats and wooden boat ownership to prepare myself for purchasing a wooden, power boat for my wife I to use to enjoy and explore the Pacific Northwest. In the mean time, in order to stay on the water and learn how to sail, I bought a wooden Nordic folkboat in the fall of 2019 which I keep at the Edmonds marina.

I look forward to interacting with all of you, thank you for having me and if you ever see a little, red sailboat around Edmonds, Washington, please give me a wave or a blast from your horn,

Take Care,
Rob

Hello Everyone,

As I currently don’t own a trawler, my intention was to lay low and enjoy the forum quietly, but since I’ve already been compelled to post a few times I thought I’d better introduce myself.

My name is Rob and I am a native of Seattle. My boating experience began in 1994 when my parents bought a 1988 Bayliner 4515. In 1998, my father tossed the keys to my brother and I and I had use of that boat until we sold her in October of last year.

I have whatever loose screw it is that causes one to fall in love with wooden boats and have spent the last few years studying wooden boats and wooden boat ownership to prepare myself for purchasing a wooden, power boat for my wife I to use to enjoy and explore the Pacific Northwest. In the mean time, in order to stay on the water and learn how to sail, I bought a wooden Nordic folkboat in the fall of 2019 which I keep at the Edmonds marina.

I look forward to interacting with all of you, thank you for having me and if you ever see a little, red sailboat around Edmonds, Washington, please give me a wave or a blast from your horn,

Take Care,
Rob

Welcome! Wooden boat lovers preserve our past and preserve the crafts that keep those boats floating, and provide skilled employment for those craftsmen lucky enough to wield a wood chisel.

Welcome aboard, fellow loose screw. My wooden Grand Banks 42 has been for sale in Galveston for awhile now. I tightened up a few loose screws and moved from it to my current boat six years ago.

Wooden Boats

Welcome and great to hear from someone who still appreciates wooden boats. Growing up in Northeast cost I came across many wooden boats and while composites make up majority of boats there is something to be said about the craftmanship required to build out of wood. I recently decided to attend a wood boat building class in Maine after I retire "just to learn and experience". While we are likely done with trawlers (four were enough according to my wife) I'm still looking for something to stay on the water and focusing on day sailors (yes, I'm going the wrong way) with special interest in classic designs. Not sure what we will end up with but likely a new build using cold molded process or a reproduction using composite hull with lots of wood accents. Enjoy your time here on TF.

John

Welcome Rob. I have always had appreciation of wooden boats. Glad there are people out there keeping them for others to appreciate.

Back
Top Bottom