Hello all!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SidneyGuy

Hi....dipping my toe into the trawler pond here in British Columbia...currently looking very hard at a Bestway 39 ... survey checks out but the single Ford Lehman has 9000 hours on it...is it almost too many hours?

Thanks in advance..

Ian

Welcome aboard!
I am not a mechanic and pretty ignorant in most of domains so take this for its value (very low value) but I guess it will simply depend on how it was maintained.

L.

Welcome Sid,

On the power plant. I comes down to how well it were taken care of and how hard it has been worked. Best of Luck.

Cheers

H.

Welcome! I'd say yes, *almost*, depending on what has already been said. If it has been religiously maintained, and has even had a top end rebuild, you could be just fine for several more thousand hours.

The Ford Lehman can be a 20,000 hour engine per Bob Smith before he passed away. He certainly knew the engine well. It all depends on how it has been maintained. However, it probably would not have made it to 9,000 hours if it has not been taken care of. I would find an experienced Lehman mechanic to survey it since it does have lots of hours.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom