Hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh my gosh thank you lol. I thought nobody paid attention to that part of it. Everyone kept mentioning about making money. If you disagree that it’s possible to make enough money to offset all or some of the costs, then I’m listening. I mainly want to be able to afford having a nice boat and keep it in the water. If at the end of the year my business lost $3000 I’m still happy.

You're welcome! Good luck in your search. I bought my Mainship a few years ago, so happy to help if you have any specific questions as you search/buy. Wish you good luck!

You're welcome! Good luck in your search. I bought my Mainship a few years ago, so happy to help if you have any specific questions as you search/buy. Wish you good luck!
Is there a way to save you as a friend or favorite on this forum? That way I can contact you easier for your help.

Is there a way to save you as a friend or favorite on this forum? That way I can contact you easier for your help.

Click on my name or picture. Click on contact info and you can send me a private message. Not sure about saving as a friend. I'm still learning this site myself.

CnA103

Taking none of my business cautions back [cause I've been there done that]... I surely do wish you fun and adventure in all your boat provides for you and yours!!

Welcome to TF"s boating-cheerleader team and marine-professor classroom!!

Last edited:
Sorry, I stand corrected. There are legal ways to make money on boats. But trying to make money by dual purposing a small craft will be nearly impossible.

pete

Angel, just click on the person's name in the ID on the left then select "Add whoever to your contacts list", and it's done. :)

There are couple of 1998 Mainship 30 pilots that are perfect for sightseeing and diving and located in FL on "www.moreboats.com" for less than $50K.
Welcome and good luck with your new adventure.

There are couple of 1998 Mainship 30 pilots that are perfect for sightseeing and diving and located in FL on "www.moreboats.com" for less than $50K.
Welcome and good luck with your new adventure.
Yes thank you. There is one I like there and also one on Yachtworld. As soon as I can secure dockage, I will check them out. I’m on a waitlist for two marinas. I need to find a private dock I can rent until I get the Marina spot.

Well if you want to make money you could always smuggle cigarettes' into Canada. Google how much a carton of cigarettes cost in Washington state, for example, then google how much a carton of cigarettes cost in British Columbia, you'll be shocked.

With rum runners back in the day, it was estimated that something like 70 % of all booze in the states was from the West Coast smuggling. In fact, I was just reading a history of Texada Island last night (hence my smuggling theme today) and the vast bulk of whisky consumed during prohibition was from this Island that I can see from my bedroom window.

The International boundary on the water back in the day for the States was either 3 or 10 miles, something like that. So larger ships would purchase booze legally in Vancouver and Victoria, then stay a mile or two off the American coastal boundary and supply smaller boats that would come out from the coast to pick up the booze. These guys took great pride in the fact there were so few deaths compared to land based booze smuggling. On the west coast it was something low like three deaths.

Sucia Island in Washington State was a popular location for American boats to stage waiting for booze from Vancouver, Victoria and Texada Island. Here's a bit from Wiki:

"The isolated coves and bays of Sucia Island once served the Lummi Indians in their seal hunting days.[2] They later provided excellent hideouts in the 19th century for smugglers of illegal Chinese laborers, as well as for hiding illegally imported wool and opium[citation needed]. Still later, the islands played a large role in rum-running during liquor Prohibition of the 1920s and 1930s, and in recent years they have figured in drug trafficking.

Well if you want to make money you could always smuggle cigarettes' into Canada. Google how much a carton of cigarettes cost in Washington state, for example, then google how much a carton of cigarettes cost in British Columbia, you'll be shocked.

With rum runners back in the day, it was estimated that something like 70 % of all booze in the states was from the West Coast smuggling. In fact, I was just reading a history of Texada Island last night (hence my smuggling theme today) and the vast bulk of whisky consumed during prohibition was from this Island that I can see from my bedroom window.

The International boundary on the water back in the day for the States was either 3 or 10 miles, something like that. So larger ships would purchase booze legally in Vancouver and Victoria, then stay a mile or two off the American coastal boundary and supply smaller boats that would come out from the coast to pick up the booze. These guys took great pride in the fact there were so few deaths compared to land based booze smuggling. On the west coast it was something low like three deaths.

Sucia Island in Washington State was a popular location for American boats to stage waiting for booze from Vancouver, Victoria and Texada Island. Here's a bit from Wiki:

"The isolated coves and bays of Sucia Island once served the Lummi Indians in their seal hunting days.[2] They later provided excellent hideouts in the 19th century for smugglers of illegal Chinese laborers, as well as for hiding illegally imported wool and opium[citation needed]. Still later, the islands played a large role in rum-running during liquor Prohibition of the 1920s and 1930s, and in recent years they have figured in drug trafficking.

Well if you want to make money you could always smuggle cigarettes' into Canada.

And then announce it on a global forum!:D:D:D

Well if you want to make money you could always smuggle cigarettes' into Canada.

And then announce it on a global forum!:D:D:D
Great insight lol. I’ll keep it in mind lol.

Back
Top Bottom