Hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

whitelighter

Hello,

Stumbled across this forum while researching Trawlers. Based in the UK these are not as common in our waters but Im interested in long range cruising - oceans eventually but my retirement plan is to start with the Great Loop. I love the US anyway so it seems like the ideal plan.

Been boating pretty much all my life, current weapon of choice is a 1995 Ferretti 150 based in the Med.

Nice boat, but with twin 6V92s a bit thirsty for long term work and certainly wont cross an ocean.

Welcome to the Trawler Forum!

Welcome aboard! Older designs that spring to mind from your region of the world are the Romsdal and Malahide long-range cruisers. Fine looking vessels as well!

Welcome aboard! Older designs that spring to mind from your region of the world are the Romsdal and Malahide long-range cruisers. Fine looking vessels as well!

Yes the Malahide boats are well respected but i confess to prefering a more modern design, especially when it comes to interiors.

Currently the boats I'm considering are Helmsman, Nordhavn (though I think these are too tall for the Great Loop), Selene, Elling and a handful of dutch alumium models. Defever is also on the list.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom