On the hard...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

harryh3

I'm debating the transition from sail to power, and in the market for a low price Grand Banks or similar. So I hope to learn from the forums what to look out for. Any advice would be welcomed.

Glad to be aboard.

Harry

Welcome aboard! You've come to the right place. Go to the advanced search and type in Grand Banks for starters.

Specs for ideal GB

32 - 36 LOA
Diesel power preferably twin Ford Lehmans
Good but not perfect condition
$30 - 35k
RFG hull a plus

Lying SoCal if possible

Well, I can dream, can't I?

Harry

Welcome aboard. I thought the first time I saw a Grand Banks 36 up close that this was one great looking trawler. Later had a chance to go aboard one and found out my 6'3" height was not a ideal match for these beautiful boats. The 42 Grand Banks however had all the vertical clearance I needed so the old saying "the boat will pick you" has some truth to it. After spending three days looking over a GB42 I ended up buying the Krogen Manatee 36 so keep your options open and good luck finding your dream and keep us updated.
Bill

Greetings,
Welcome aboard.
uCkrQQo.gif

I'm debating the transition from sail to power, and in the market for a low price Grand Banks or similar. So I hope to learn from the forums what to look out for. Any advice would be welcomed.

Glad to be aboard.

Harry

It would help us respond if you'd share where you are and what your intended use for the boat is. ICW? Coastal? Caribbean? Rivers? Day trips? Weekends? Weeks? Months? A few miles? Long cruises? You only? You, wife and six children plus two dogs and a hamster?

What is important to you? Ride? Comfort? Fuel cost? Speed?

Grand Banks are good boats, but no one can say if they're right for you without knowing more.

Take a look at the 36 Kadey Krogen Manatee! You will be amazed with the interior space, storage and usable outside space. We carry an 11.5 foot inflatable and a 14 foot tandem kayak.

Welcome aboard

Sergio "Alemao" Sztancsa
Sent from my iPhone, using Trawler Forum

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom