Greetings from Western Australia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andosan

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Miss Chief
Vessel Make
Viking 58 EB
Hi all, hello from the opposite end of the world.

We don’t own a trawler but we are preparing our boat, 1999 Viking 58 Enclosed Bridge, for extended travelling around the Australian coast, and maybe in a few years to some of the closer Pacific Islands.

Look forward to learning more about journeying by sea!

welcome there are plenty of Australians on the site .

Yes, welcome from a Queenslander. However, unless you post photos, you don't truly exist... :D

Our vessel...

Attachments

• 930011A8-A308-45CE-850F-65BEC4A05956.jpg
    930011A8-A308-45CE-850F-65BEC4A05956.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 19
Welcome Aboard! Nice boat, more "Maritimo" looking than earlier Vikings I`ve seen here. Looks like a great sea boat. What engines are fitted?

Welcome Aboard! Nice boat, more "Maritimo" looking than earlier Vikings I`ve seen here. Looks like a great sea boat. What engines are fitted?

It's a 99 model, well before Maritimo was formed!!

Powered by Cat 3412C engines.

Looks like a very powerful and seaworthy hull. Perhaps its time the WA contingent get to together in our own "bubble"":):) for a drink.

John

We actually looked at some trawler style boats which were very appealing but we also fish a lot (game fishing).

As a fishing boat it doesn’t make a bad cruising boat. At nine knots I’m doing about 38lph; I’ve got 6000 litres so I can do 1200nm with 10% reserve. If I drop down to 7 knots I’m using less than 20lph. 1000 litres of fresh water, 120lph water maker, twin generators and plenty of fridge and freezer space.

Also the engine room is full standing height with room all the way around the engines.

About the only thing I don’t like from a cruising perspective is no protection for the running gear, but that’s the trade off for a fast and manoeuvrable game fishing boat.

Looks like a very powerful and seaworthy hull. Perhaps its time the WA contingent get to together in our own "bubble"":):) for a drink.

John

Where are you based?

We were scheduled to take the boat to the Abrolhos at Easter but had to postpone that. Now getting her ready for the trip to Exmouth in February.

Our boat is in Sydney but we live in Perth. We split our time, three months on the boat and three months in Perth. We were on the boat for 6 months this last time as we were stuck in Sydney by the hard borders closing until there was a window for a G2G pass for us to be back by the 28th June with 2 weeks quarantine at home. So just in time before the borders closed again! Not sure when we will get back to the boat next.
John

Back
Top Bottom