Greetings from Newbies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brewster812

Vessel Name
Andiamo
Vessel Make
Marine Trader 43
After years of bareboat chartering on the Chesapeake and attending TrawlerFest, my wife and I finally bought a boat and closed on her last week. Her new name is Andiamo and she is a 1990 Marine Trader Tradewinds 43. We are so excited about becoming a part of the cruising community in our area and really look forward to making many new friends. We're keeping her at The Crescent Marina in Baltimore until mid-November then moving her to Mears Point Marina at Kent Narrows where she will be berthed permanently. Looking forward to becoming a regular contributor to the site (as soon as I learn enough to help someone else) :) G'day all, Brewster

Welcome to the Trawler Forum and congrats on the new boat!

Thanks dimer. I grew up on the west side of Houston and my boyhood home flooded after Harvey. Thankfully my folks moved to Tyler years ago, but I still have friends and family there that were affected. Hope you made it through without too much damage.

Welcome aboard.
We like pictures here, so if you've got them, post them. :D

Welcome. Look forward to your input.

Cheers.

H.

Welcome Aboard! I offer a pleasure boater guide to safety and long life!!

"Here lies the body of one Michael O'Day

He died defending his right of way

He was right... dead right... as he sailed along

But - he's just as dead as if he were wrong!"

In real life terms... Right of way only works if both parties understand it and each party is capable of facilitating its implied meaning. Otherwise - Right of way adventures make great stories in the pub after docking. :dance:

Mystic Blue

New member. Look forward to enjoying the site. Being in Windsor, Canada, we enjoy the Great Lakes Cruising.

New member. Look forward to enjoying the site. Being in Windsor, Canada, we enjoy the Great Lakes Cruising.

Welcome Mystic.

I have been cruising the Great lakes for years. They are wonderful.:thumb:

Cheers.

H.

Welcome aboard! Good folk here with knowledge to share.:)

Dave

Welcome from one newbie to another. We just bought an old Albin 36 after 50 years of sailing.

:hello:Welcome to all three.

You have discovered one of the most if not the most, informational forum for boating. There will be found, answers, questions, debate, inquisitive wonders,
fabulous adventure complete with just outstanding photos, humor, and if you dare, political views.
In a word, the site is 'Dazzling' in content.
Enjoy:thumb:

Al-Ketchikan,Alaska

:hello:Welcome to all three.

You have discovered one of the most if not the most, informational forum for boating. There will be found, answers, questions, debate, inquisitive wonders,
fabulous adventure complete with just outstanding photos, humor, and if you dare, political views.
In a word, the site is 'Dazzling' in content.
Enjoy:thumb:

Al-Ketchikan,Alaska

WOW Al! Well put!!

You must have stock in this baby! Were you a Madison Av. exec in previous life? I've got a bridge I'm trying to sell... will you do my promotions?? :rofl: :D

WOW Al! Well put!!

You must have stock in this baby! Were you a Madison Av. exec in previous life? I've got a bridge I'm trying to sell... will you do my promotions?? :rofl: :D

Aaaaaa come on Art, that hurt,:ermm: We almost had your bridge, "The Bridge to Nowhere,Alaska" My dear former Governor whom I adore, Sarah, took that one away, which in my mind was a good thing, At $400,000 000.00 with a population of 13,000 souls just that alone should raise questions. Bridge maintenance is reported to be 5% of the construction cost annually, (Reason so many bridges across the country are derelict in maintenance, the money is not allocated but rather spent on other priorities.)
So the state which is currently facing a negative budget challenge, would have an added $2,000,000.00 annual allocation for just maintenance.
So no bridge purchase from "Honest" Art.:whistling:

Aaaaaa come on Art, that hurt,:ermm: We almost had your bridge, "The Bridge to Nowhere,Alaska" My dear former Governor whom I adore, Sarah, took that one away, which in my mind was a good thing, At $400,000 000.00 with a population of 13,000 souls just that alone should raise questions. Bridge maintenance is reported to be 5% of the construction cost annually, (Reason so many bridges across the country are derelict in maintenance, the money is not allocated but rather spent on other priorities.)
So the state which is currently facing a negative budget challenge, would have an added $2,000,000.00 annual allocation for just maintenance.
So no bridge purchase from "Honest" Art.:whistling:

Al :flowers:

I'm serious, while throwing in some humor. Your creative post 17 is very well written. Feeling and meaningful... two terms I'd use as descriptions. :thumb:

I do a fair amount of writing for my businesses. I know good text when I read it. :D

Al :flowers:

I'm serious, while throwing in some humor. Your creative post 17 is very well written. Feeling and meaningful... two terms I'd use as descriptions. :thumb:

I do a fair amount of writing for my businesses. I know good text when I read it. :D

Well new forum members you now see what wondrous items of conversation we carry on with. To this associate poster, known to all among the elder posters of the forum, I humble blush in honor of his profound words of praise.:blush::blush::blush::Thanx:

Al

Well new forum members you now see what wondrous items of conversation we carry on with. To this associate poster, known to all among the elder posters of the forum, I humble blush in honor of his profound words of praise.:blush::blush::blush::Thanx:

Al

I blush back at cha... Al!! :dance: :lol:

Oh heck, now that I look in the mirror... I realize it might be red lipstick cheek marks. :rofl:

I blush back at cha... Al!! :dance: :lol:

Oh heck, now that I look in the mirror... I realize it might be red lipstick cheek marks. :rofl:

Shush your mouth!!! folks think we having a love fest:smitten::smitten::facepalm:

Good night all.

Back
Top Bottom