Greetings form Maryland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dhoover

Hello, my name is David and I’m from Maryland. I am currently boatless but intend to retire in a few years and would like to ply the Chesapeake Bay (The land of pleasant living) in a 32’-40’ trawler. I have a fair idea of what I want in a boat but I will be listing to your voices of experience over the next couple of years and hope to learn more of what actually works and what doesn’t so when the time comes I will be better prepared to choose wisely.

See you later here in the funny pages!

David W. Hoover

Welcome to the group. I think you'll find lots of interesting info here. Our californian is based @ in Essex, MD. If you are in the neighborhood, let me know

Welcome David. A friends son recently transferred to Baltimore with the US Army as a recruiter. He's been driving me nuts texting me scenic pictures of Maryland.

Hey, thanks for the shout. I used to keep my last boat up on Frog Morter creek at Chesapeake Yachting Center. Which Californian do you own? If I weren't looking for a single engine boat I would be taking a very hard look at the 34 LRC. I'd love to see what you have sometime.
Hope to hear from you soon.

David W. Hoover

No doubt about it, Maryland is a beautiful place. Chesapeake Bay is one of the world’s larger estuaries and offers beautiful scenery but much history as well. Baltimore and Ft. McHenry, Annapolis, St. Mary’s City not to mention Washington DC with Old town Alexandra just across the Potomac. We are truly blessed here in the land of pleasant living.

If you are really interested, this is the best market you will find in years. There are many very attractive deals out there now. Never have I seen values so good. Plus low interest rates. The price of fuel is not coming down so big HP engines are not a plus. Any thing over 200 HP engines is a waste if you are just looking for a 8 knot cruise. I am sure you know to look on Boats for Sale, New and Used Boats and Yachts - YachtWorld.com to feel out the market. Good hunting.

Hey chb. I saw your post to calypsian and took a look at Weavers. I wouldn't imagine that you get much tidal flow there. And since most of our weather blows out of the West Northwest, it looks fairly well protected. I'm curious how you were affected by Sandy? What measures did you have to take to protect your investment?

Hi;
We have a 1984 Californian 34 LRC powered by Detroit 8.2's. Boat is at Weavers Marine in Essex. PM me if you are going to be around. Hoping to launch no later than early April.

Chc: not to steal this thread, but how do your dd 8.2's work for you? I've got a 1989 saber line fast trawler with 8.2t's which we use primarily use at disp.speed. How's your fuel consumption? Thanks,Eric

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom