Greetings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DVF2001

Hello there, I'm new to this site and joined to learn as much as I can about trawler cruising. I'm about to retire in 2018 and have long loved the trawler style boat. I have worked as a tugboat captain and a ferry captain for several years. I have owned small boats for many years and even a small sailboat for a few years but decided to take the plunge and get the small trawler with a very fuel efficient diesel. I'm not in a hurry to get anywhere so the slow speed suits me just fine.
I will be looking at a 1978 Mainship 34 this weekend and wondering if anyone here could guide me on the price. I have not seen the boat in person yet but the broker says it is in good condition and was well taken care of. The engine was replaced in 1995 with a 240hp Perkins. It is not air conditioned and doesn't have a generator. Any ideas on a price range for this vessel would be appreciated. I will also have a professional survey done before making an offer.

Thanks, and I'm happy to be aboard.

Welcome DVF.

Couldn't tell about the price range on Mainship. However I am sure someone chime in with their 2 cents.

Cheers Mate.

H.

Welcome. I had a '78 with a Cummins 250 hp. Good boat. I traded it for a bigger boat last September and we valued the Mainship at about US$20k in the deal. It needed some coring work on the flybridge and interior updates.

Welcome aboard. The Mainship 34 are nice boats. A repowered one will probably go somewhere in the $20 to $30K range depending on condition. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom