Greenhorn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BADABING

Hello fellow boaters! New here, lurked for a while and decided to join in. I live in San Antonio TX and home port is Rockport Tx, the gem of the Texas coast. :)
I have a 28ft Bertram Trawler, very rare! ;) She came with the name BADABING. We were told that she was trucked down from Connecticut yrs ago. Here are a few recent pics of her on the hard getting some needed work in my yard.

Just wanted to stick my neck out and say hello

Attachments

• 20220306_153928.jpg
    20220306_153928.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 20220306_175327.jpg
    20220306_175327.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 18
Welcome aboard. We are heading to Texas tomorrow for out grandsons high school graduation.

Welcome to TF. A very seaworthy craft you have there. Ah, point of order, but those are/were not trawlers, but were usually driven by a fairly powerful outboard. But that's ok - our definition of trawler is very flexible. Yours may have been de-powered to a hull-speed motor..?

I still remember very clearly the relief when we got home after a fishing trip here in Moreton Bay many years ago, in one of those, so they've been around a fair time, and have 'reputation'.

We were anchored in a place in Moreton Bay called the Blue Hole, which was only accessible, to get in - or out - above half tide. The weather went pear-shaped while we were there and had to wait out the turn of the tide to be able to leave for home. To get home without running out of fuel, the owner said he would have to come home on the plane, ( I suspect he was wrong, in retrospect) - in 30kn+ of wind and waves, which had developed rather unexpectedly. Wow - just wow. We were airborne at time and taking solid green over the cabin-top. Slamming into 6-10 foot waves was no fun, but it sure showed what the vessel was capable of handling..! :facepalm:

Last edited:
Peter
YIKES! That story sounds well "etched" into the memories and rightfully so...

Hello fellow boaters! New here, lurked for a while and decided to join in. I live in San Antonio TX and home port is Rockport Tx, the gem of the Texas coast. :)
I have a 28ft Bertram Trawler, very rare! ;) She came with the name BADABING. We were told that she was trucked down from Connecticut yrs ago. Here are a few recent pics of her on the hard getting some needed work in my yard.

Just wanted to stick my neck out and say hello

Look forward to your boat being on the water again. There was a time Bertram owned the seas. I've only been to Rockport once, after Hurricane Harvey. Sure hope the community has rebuilt from those times. We actually left there with two 17 year olds, one now living in Jupiter, FL and one outside Charlotte, NC. The people were bonding together so well through impossible times.

Look forward to your boat being on the water again. There was a time Bertram owned the seas. I've only been to Rockport once, after Hurricane Harvey. Sure hope the community has rebuilt from those times. We actually left there with two 17 year olds, one now living in Jupiter, FL and one outside Charlotte, NC. The people were bonding together so well through impossible times.

BandB, the whole area has recovered now. It was tough, I had friends who lived in RP. They stayed with me during the storm and I went with them on first trip back. I had never seen anything like it. Miles of destruction and then there would be a house that didn't look damaged. Strange... One friends house destroyed while others was like it was when he left. But his yard was a different story..

And thanks, I am looking to being back in too. :socool:

Welcome aboard! I worked next door to the Bertram factory for about fifty years. Never saw a 28 with a cabin like that. They all had bigger cabins with flying bridges and smaller cockpits. Was yours modified or did it leave the factory that way?

Welcome aboard! I worked next door to the Bertram factory for about fifty years. Never saw a 28 with a cabin like that. They all had bigger cabins with flying bridges and smaller cockpits. Was yours modified or did it leave the factory that way?

Thanks! I was told the boat was modded in Connecticut. I've seen it inside and out, they did a pretty good job ?!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom