Good Morning from Southern Illinois

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nancy and Bud

My wife Nancy and I became sailors in 1970 while stationed at Ft. Benning, GA when we bought our first "sailboat", a Boston Whaler Squall. :)

Since then we have owned a variety of sailboats including 3 Seaward 25's as well as a Seaward 26 RK.

Nancy's favorite place to boat is in the North Channel.

My favorite place we have been is Chatterbox Falls, Princess Louisa Inlet. We had a Compac 23 Motorsailer on that trip.

We are now looking for something w/o a mast, smaller than our other boats, easier to launch and retrieve as well as having some character.

I recently started talking to Nancy about getting another boat after she has been positive we wouldn't get another. But I'm starting to win her over.

Recently a Nimble Vagabond has caught my interest. I think the looks are either "love it" or "hate it". It has just enough of what we would need for a couple of weeks at a time.

Knowing nothing about Nimble's, I'm hoping someone here will be willing to get me up to speed to look for when inspecting one.

We are in our mid-70's. Still active (with the help of some new joints) and are looking forward to making new friends.

Fair Winds and Following Seas to us all.

Welcome aboard! Do not have input on the Nimble, but in my recent search for a trawler, we considered Ranger Tug and Sea Dory, models in your range. Ended up larger and not trailerable Mainship 34T for number of reasons/trade offs. Both of above are unique in appearance....Happy Hunting!

Welcome to the asylum.

You want a trailer trawler? The most recent releases have outboards but plenty of used trawlers out there too.

Just maybe a weekend boat?
Minimal equipment, no sanitary holding tank? No water tank? No generator? Gas stove? Ice chest for food?

Welcome to the asylum.

You want a trailer trawler? The most recent releases have outboards but plenty of used trawlers out there too.

Just maybe a weekend boat?
Minimal equipment, no sanitary holding tank? No water tank? No generator? Gas stove? Ice chest for food?

Porta Potty, never had a gen set on any boat we owned, portable butane stove, ice chest for food. Yes

Welcome aboard, you guys are true minimalists. Check out the other threads on trailerable trawlers, there are a few just do a Search. Enjoy whatever you end up with, time is a valuable commodity!

Porta Potty, never had a gen set on any boat we owned, portable butane stove, ice chest for food. Yes

Then, there are many outboard, trailerable mini or pocket trawlers out there.
I will let someone else give you the brand names. If I gave you a list, folks would say, "you missed this brand.....", over and over LOL

Enjoy!!!!

Bud,
Chatterbox Falls (Princess Louisa Inlet) is one of my favourite places also.. There is something "magical" about it (to me).
I don't know anything about the "Nimble Vagabond", but also would suggest the Ranger Tug (various sizes and models) or the Sea Dory. Both have large followings and from what I have heard, good reputations. There are various "other" brands like Sea Sport that are less trawler like, but are good overnight, sport fishing type boats that may be able to meet your wants and needs???
Anyway, good luck with your search and welcome aboard the forum.

Welcome aboard. We also hope to do the North Chanel in the near future.

Welcome aboard, you guys are true minimalists. Check out the other threads on trailerable trawlers, there are a few just do a Search. Enjoy whatever you end up with, time is a valuable commodity!

:D

We are. My other passion is riding BMW motorcycles long distances and camping along the way. Like my friend Jim B. from Wild Blue says: "You have a certain "type" of motorcycle you like" which means I've owned 13 different Beemers in the last 13 years. :facepalm:

I'm the maintainer and at my age I don't want to be maintaining systems. After we got over Hobie Cats, we bought a Capri 22 as our first cabin sailboat. Pretty Spartan but we were used to camping so it was very doable.

In the North Channel, we get to a town every 3 days or so. Get showers, empty PP, get ice and perishable food, then out again. We have participated with the Trailer Sailor Association on their annual NC cruise late July, early Aug.

There is a boat for everyone, but not the same one!:thumb:

Thanks for all of the warm welcomes.

00a0a_hM2XhQnVZmr_600x450.jpg

For those who haven't seen a Nimble Vagabond. Only 30 of them made.

Here's our C-Dory 22 Cruiser, a great simple towable boat. Weighs maybe 4,000 on the trailer. With a 90hp outboard, cruises happily at 16 knots, or 5-6. We did much of the Inside Passage in ours, including W coast of Vancouver Island, and 2 months in SE Alaska. Highly recommended.

6WQ4IdB2amRvq7X_V6BRpD5ClGrAvhjQRATpJrPxT3m5lXTWiTUEmOo09aoCM0b0LfoiaUemacV0TNA75eCxrnPPIX8XMH6S2UZL5yJVnIVFWBM14-pJEeu1NGOVX6u9bSfeH9P1dQe4jcCX-mVlQyuINBLe4bYwmPmG3wSaXEnl8l7kt_dnPApbONaH5XW6q7xOiIYYu1gQY2w1Z2DxiUH0T9-9jvD0NZnkSsDY6idPPWmKxuyn5GKrqk5ROSK3-36vJ0VglVPJ8YdV6MRMxcIsLmcej6-QNXwHP2DpC-dBpLFcK6dANLQEZMqNmN56r2A_xe5cDrzbWSoEOjX8EPPpzmKrQNKQLcBS8aty6r28zEF8fsSijj4eb--Uk1vglUJHu2zz2QYVlvZs6mfJQigftuRyl5TEffQuXYfgK1qkFauCz7H-KlOfVC4hIRsb7uNtlGZ0tLeGfp9I561zpUHenhNtX7ZLBFGRgASUczXi_CASaPErdpBQdgIkfvM4662biKLGcT_hwO4A6rVXvWs3_1GsdUd6M-ELdFCMvnGY7OwI1OuSNCgpkGDsKvAfl3yOqk5v6hQAFXr_gWAv3ioWGpuRjtNy6GbCwGlJ43fb2soKGinyE0BhThgBMei0fbmk0_MrWMrz0Q33iZCAJuImSRGdRiNCa3vy4eusyycsziTWEAhDFv5d1RGWUnCbxEtriZMFaoDY0VjbN1q1mNyCEkLCdE4_bwW2hSMxzGnWeypp=w870-h530-no

Back
Top Bottom