Getting my feet wet....again.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RRC1962

I've been a land lubber for 20 years and trying to find another liveaboard. Not full time, but extended coastal cruising. It's just me and the wife, so we don't need a huge boat. Looking at Grand Banks and variations of Grand Banks, although my focus has shifted to motor yachts also. It is proving difficult to find a good trawler that is not overpriced or a basket case. Didn't think it would this difficult with a $200k budget.

Welcome back. It is a tough market the last few years for buyers. Good luck with your search.

There are plenty of well made boats that would suit your need to coastal cruising but shoppers seem to get funneled into shopping for a set number of brands. Focus on shopping by features and then inspect to insure condition of the individual boats. It may make sense to exclude some brands which you may have heard horror stories but building your search around a limited number of brands/models will find yourself shopping in a crowd where, in reality, there are many great boats out there from custom builders or lesser known brands. Check through the "interesting boat" thread, some are outlandish (huge, old, labor intensive) but some are sensible and could be bargains.

I've been a land lubber for 20 years and trying to find another liveaboard. Not full time, but extended coastal cruising. It's just me and the wife, so we don't need a huge boat. Looking at Grand Banks and variations of Grand Banks, although my focus has shifted to motor yachts also. It is proving difficult to find a good trawler that is not overpriced or a basket case. Didn't think it would this difficult with a $200k budget.

Ya gotta give us more requirements other than ‘a boat’.
How many people will be on the over nights?
Ball park length?
1 or 2 diesel engines?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom