Old 12-10-2018, 04:57 PM   #1

City: KILGORE
Future Boat Owner - Newbie

Hi everyone,

Thank you advance for all the information that is currently on this forum and the future information provided. I have always had a love affair with the ocean and boats. I have had freshwater fishing boats all my life but a little over a year ago I set myself a 5 year plan and that plan is to buy a ocean vessel and live aboard. YAY!! for the past 8 months or so I have been reading and reading and watching video after video. basically, window shopping boats . I think I am really a little obsessed with the DeFever 44' to 58' of course I am new to this and trying to learn as much as I can. I live in Texas and my goal is to be able to go from Galveston to the Western Caribbean as safely as possible and have the fuel capacity to do this. Any and all advice is so very welcome, Just from the research I have been doing I have a LOT to learn and get in order. The plan is to purchase a vessel next summer and spend the following three years learning everything about the boat inside and out and learn everything I can about ocean passages, weather, navigation, foreign ports, etc...After I am comfortable I plan to Jump. I have heard from people that if you keep planning and gathering and planning and gathering you will never untie and go. So, I set myself a goal of 5 years. My biggest concern is picking the right vessel to make a trip or ten across the gulf of mexico.

Thank you all for the massive amount of information that is already on this forum.
Supertom1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 05:00 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

City: Au Gres, MI
Vessel Name: Black Dog
Vessel Model: Formula 41PC
Welcome aboard. Defevers are indeed nice boats. Good luck with your dream.
Comodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 06:22 PM   #3
Enigma

City: Slicker?
Greetings,
Welcome aboard.
Old 12-10-2018, 06:41 PM   #4
TF Site Team

City: Paris,TN
Vessel Name: Slo-Poke
Vessel Model: Jorgensen custom 44
Welcome aboard TF