Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-11-2021, 08:12 PM   #1
Member
 
City: WOOLLOONGABBA
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 11
Finn 8 Brisbane

Hi
I'm just about to buy a Finn and convert it to electric drive plus outboard for reserve.
I live in Brisbane Australia.
Nice to be here.
Roo
Roofriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 08:15 PM   #2
TF Site Team
 
Comodave's Avatar
 
City: Au Gres, MI
Vessel Name: Black Dog
Vessel Model: Formula 41PC
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 12,970
Welcome aboard.
__________________
Boat Nut:
If you are one there is no explanation necessary.
If you arenít one, there is no explanation possible.
Comodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 08:16 PM   #3
Guru
 
menzies's Avatar
 
City: Jacksonville
Vessel Name: SONAS
Vessel Model: Grand Alaskan 53
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 7,235
Welcome.

Any cricket being played these days at the Gabba - maybe a test against India?
__________________
I am responsible for what I write, I am not responsible for what you understand.
menzies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 08:45 PM   #4
TF Site Team
 
Insequent's Avatar
 
City: Brisbane
Vessel Name: Insequent
Vessel Model: Ocean Alexander 50 Mk I
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by menzies View Post
Welcome.

Any cricket being played these days at the Gabba - maybe a test against India?
It starts Friday, series deciding match. Crowds limited to 50% due to covid. Masks mandatory except when sitting in your designated seat. Based on what happened in Sydney, it might be better to substitute duct tape for masks for some spectators and some of the players as well!

Oh, and welcome aboard Roo and good luck with your project.
__________________
Brian
Insequent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 08:47 PM   #5
Guru
 
Pete Meisinger's Avatar
 
City: Oconto, WI
Vessel Name: Best Alternative
Vessel Model: 36 Albin Aft Cabin
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,148
We love the Aussies, even if they have some funny ideas sometimes!

Welcome Aboard

pete
Pete Meisinger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 08:51 PM   #6
Guru
 
menzies's Avatar
 
City: Jacksonville
Vessel Name: SONAS
Vessel Model: Grand Alaskan 53
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 7,235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insequent View Post
It starts Friday, series deciding match. Crowds limited to 50% due to covid. Masks mandatory except when sitting in your designated seat. Based on what happened in Sydney, it might be better to substitute duct tape for masks for some spectators and some of the players as well!

Oh, and welcome aboard Roo and good luck with your project.
Yep, read this earlier today! Nice guy.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/55615318
__________________
I am responsible for what I write, I am not responsible for what you understand.
menzies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 10:01 PM   #7
Guru
 
BruceK's Avatar
 
City: Sydney
Vessel Name: Sojourn
Vessel Model: Integrity 386
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 11,715
Welcome aboard. Not seen anything from our Finn 8 expert in a while, but I`ve been on his boat.
The meaning of the traditional expression,"that`s not cricket"(meaning not behavior of highest standard)is under serious challenge.
__________________
BruceK
2005 Integrity 386 "Sojourn"
Sydney Australia
BruceK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 10:07 PM   #8
Guru
 
menzies's Avatar
 
City: Jacksonville
Vessel Name: SONAS
Vessel Model: Grand Alaskan 53
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 7,235
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceK View Post
Welcome aboard. Not seen anything from our Finn 8 expert in a while, but I`ve been on his boat.
The meaning of the traditional expression,"that`s not cricket"(meaning not behavior of highest standard)is under serious challenge.
Not to derail (well maybe just a wee bit) - ball tampering anyone?
__________________
I am responsible for what I write, I am not responsible for what you understand.
menzies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 10:15 PM   #9
TF Site Team
 
Insequent's Avatar
 
City: Brisbane
Vessel Name: Insequent
Vessel Model: Ocean Alexander 50 Mk I
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,372
Some time back I saw a Finn 8 fairly regularly, often moored in the Brisbane River near the Gateway Bridge. I can't recall the boat name, but it was an older guy who was also a member of The Little Ship Club. I don't think there are all that many cruising around.
Roo, might that be the boat you are buying?
__________________
Brian
Insequent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 10:31 PM   #10
Guru
 
BruceK's Avatar
 
City: Sydney
Vessel Name: Sojourn
Vessel Model: Integrity 386
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 11,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by menzies View Post
Not to derail (well maybe just a wee bit) - ball tampering anyone?
David Warner, ball tampering promoter in chief is back, out of form, carrying injury. Overborne/compliant Steve Smith(ex Captain)is in form while Paine,the sledging enthusiast who became Captain and "showed dissent" to the umpire,is not in form. Smith may be restored to Captain yet. He`s quasi Captain sometimes now.
__________________
BruceK
2005 Integrity 386 "Sojourn"
Sydney Australia
BruceK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 09:32 AM   #11
Guru
 
menzies's Avatar
 
City: Jacksonville
Vessel Name: SONAS
Vessel Model: Grand Alaskan 53
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 7,235
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceK View Post
David Warner, ball tampering promoter in chief is back, out of form, carrying injury. Overborne/compliant Steve Smith(ex Captain)is in form while Paine,the sledging enthusiast who became Captain and "showed dissent" to the umpire,is not in form. Smith may be restored to Captain yet. He`s quasi Captain sometimes now.
Smith is still at it.

The explanation given is BS. India were last at bat and Smith wasn't batting again!

https://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/55629954
__________________
I am responsible for what I write, I am not responsible for what you understand.
menzies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 05:37 PM   #12
Member
 
City: WOOLLOONGABBA
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 11
Thanks! Im keen to find anyone else with a Finn 8 in Brisbane
Roofriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Trawler Port Captains
Port Captains are TF volunteers who can serve as local guides or assist with local arrangements and information. Search below to locate Port Captains near your destination. To learn more about this program read here: TF Port Captain Program





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2006 - 2012