finally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rono59

i am from the midwest .. slef employed hoping to retire 1 to 2 yrs.. 62 yr's old..would love to find a liveaboard .. i am here in search of my new home and life style...

Do you have a partner to take along ?? How does she feel about your plans?
What is your experience?
Where are your desired cruising grounds?

Consider an American Tug 34/36.

Last edited:
Welcome. I/we are also looking into our next adventure. While I have boating experience, my wife has limited. With that in mind we have chosen a Grand Banks 36. Will be getting used to the boat yhis season and, if all goes well, head off to loop next season. Will be based out if Crisfield MD on the Chesapeake.

Ron, your first mission is to determine if you can sleep on a boat. Not everyone can sleep on something that is constantly in motion.

Your next mission is to write down all your must haves like, hot water, flushing toilet, shower, 60” TV, hang glider storage, what ever is necessary in your world, it is different for everyone.

Next you need to determine where you plan to liveaboard.

After that we can start discussing what type of boat might suite you.

I agree. The good list vs no way list. Some of the good issues on ASD were, cockpit, twin engings,, fly bridge. No way list, teak decking.

Ron - my wife and I were in a similar boat as Sea Dog ... no pun intended. We chartered a few times and joined an owners group before taking the plunge. Everyone has their own path, but I found both of those experiences really helpful - not only in confirming my desires but also getting my better half totally bought into the adventure. Good luck!

Start walking the docks and asking questions. You find one you like, ask to see it.

It helps if your wife is dressed skimpy and asks first...Mine can get on any boat.

thanks glad to be here ... i have owed two 44 ft house boat's A Harbormaster and a Gibson sport so i love sleeping on a boat..she is on board for blue water travel...hope to be ready in A year to year and a half.. Just starting to research eng's boats styles... Alot to take in

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom