Finally !!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

markpj23

Vessel Name
Black Horse
Vessel Make
Med Yachts 62
After several frustrating days / weeks we have finally closed on our new boat! Meet "Deja Blu" (renamed) - a 62ft Marine Trader that we'll home port in Bradenton.

Survey went surprisingly well - she has been well cared for. Needs some redecorating, but that's my Admiral's strong suit.

Hope to see you 'out there' soon!

Attachments

• PortSide.jpg
    PortSide.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 108
  • Salon3.jpg
    Salon3.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 98
  • VIPSuite.jpg
    VIPSuite.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 87
  • EngineRm1.jpg
    EngineRm1.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 137
  • PilotHouse.jpg
    PilotHouse.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 100
Congrats, and what a strikingly handsome Marine Trader. I don't believe I have ever seen an MT just like her. A DeFever design, I'm guessing? What year was she built? Best wishes!

Congrats, and what a strikingly handsome Marine Trader. I don't believe I have ever seen an MT just like her. A DeFever design, I'm guessing? What year was she built? Best wishes!

They were more commonly know in the US as the Med Yacht 62. Only a handful were made.

Wow - Really nice! Love the engine room too!!

That looks really clean, congrats! The lines are very sweet.

Really nice. I like the engine room too!
Congrats!!

Congrats!! I really like the engine room too!

Originally Sagitta VII Vancouver registry?

No. Originally 'Sugar' purchased by 2nd owner out of Galveston TX. I believe we are the 3rd owners.

Wow, stand up engine room? That’s nice! Beautiful boat.

Wow, stand up engine room? That’s nice! Beautiful boat.

Thanks Jon. That was one of the deciding factors for me - I enjoy 'extreme' boat yoga less & less these days.:D

Nice. These days with a vessel that large, I'd be hiring some help!

I am so envious…. The vice on the workbench in the ER got me.

Welcome!

We are also based in Bradenton. My husband has been a member of the BYC for 30 something years, formally as a racing sailor, and now moved into an Island Gypsy 44 as we've aged. BYC is a small casual club that I would highly recommend if you are not already familiar with it.
Blaise and Candy Pierson

I like the lines of the boat. And the space inside. The interior looks very well cared for. Looks great! Congratulations.

Wow - Really nice! Love the engine room too!!

Ditto. I was just down in a Fleming 65’s engine room an hour ago… beautiful layout, everything easy to access, in line MAN 800’s, but no standing head room and no work bench!

Ditto. I was just down in a Fleming 65’s engine room an hour ago… beautiful layout, everything easy to access, in line MAN 800’s, but no standing head room and no work bench!

One of my MUST have items on any boat I own: "Standup" engine compartment [engine room if speaking about larger boats]

Item I simply love about our 1977, 34' Tolly tri cabin: Huge engine compartment dual hatches that stand wide open in mid salon floor. Me standing upright... feet on center wood pallet. I use salon floor [covered with a double folded tarp] at both ends of engine compartment for tables to work with tools on parts. :speed boat:

Attachments

• 1-3-15 Engines.JPG
    1-3-15 Engines.JPG
    144.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 1-3-15 Gen Set.JPG
    1-3-15 Gen Set.JPG
    130.2 KB · Views: 10
  • TO - Both Engines and Genset - Looking Forward 100_0615.jpg
    TO - Both Engines and Genset - Looking Forward 100_0615.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 9
One of my MUST have items on any boat I own: "Standup" engine compartment [engine room if speaking about larger boats]

Item I simply love about our 1977, 34' Tolly tri cabin: Huge engine compartment dual hatches that stand wide open in mid salon floor. Me standing upright... feet on center wood pallet. I use salon floor [covered with a double folded tarp] at both ends of engine compartment for tables to work with tools on parts. :speed boat:

I really don’t think standup is really completely necessary. If I can get to everything easily and squatting it’s not that big of a deal. And I outsource most of the real service. Everything is a trade off I think. I’d take that 65 even with not standing headroom! ;)

I really don’t think standup is really completely necessary. If I can get to everything easily and squatting it’s not that big of a deal. And I outsource most of the real service. Everything is a trade off I think. I’d take that 65 even with not standing headroom! ;)

Besides enjoying standup engine compartment comfort for myself... service people I use are very happy to be able to stand up when they are not actually needing to be bent over doing mechanic stuff. They also appreciate the roomy "work table" salon floor areas at each end of the wide open engine compartment. I get complements for easy to utilize engine compartment layout. :thumb:

Happy, comfortable standing mechanic makes for faster time-schedule well done job = reduced hrs. needing to be charged! :D

Last edited:
Besides enjoying standup engine compartment comfort for myself... service people I use are very happy to be able to stand up when they are not actually needing to be bent over doing mechanic stuff. They also appreciate the roomy "work table" salon floor areas at each end of the wide open engine compartment. I get complements for easy to utilize engine compartment layout. :thumb:

Happy, comfortable standing mechanic makes for faster time-schedule well done job = reduced hrs. needing to be charged! :D

I agree I would definitely prefer one to not. Just saying if I loved everything else about the boat it wouldn’t be my personal deal killer. But if I loved working on the engine(s) then I would make it a priority too!

It's funny. I can pull most of my floor up like Art. But realistically, I never do. Occasionally I'll pull the panel over the generator to get to something on the forward outboard corner (exhaust system is in the way of crawling out there). For just about everything else, it's easier to just crawl than to pull the floor. There's enough crawling room on my boat that it's not a tight squeeze, just a little awkward to get to some spots. Plus, it's easier to do a lot of stuff from next to the engine vs above it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom