Dropped My Sails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Plangstraat

Vessel Make
Nordic Tug 32
I’m a brand new member from Victoria, BC, Canada.
I have sailed for a number of years. While I love to sail, the only windy months here on the east coast of Vancouver Island are through the winter months. Being in an open cockpit, in the rain, in the middle of February has its limitations, especially as I get a little bit greyer.
During the summer months, when the sun is shining, there is very little predictable wind.
The last couple of years I have become more and more intrigued by the trawlers I see out on the water here in the Gulf Islands.
My wife and I have decided to begin seriously looking for a good used Nordic Tug. We think it will be the perfect boat for the two of us and our little dog.
I’m looking forward to learning from all of you!

Welcome. I owned a NT32. Great boat. But suggest you not narrow your options too early. Make your lists with an open mind towards brand and model. Look at as many as possible and talk to many owners. Good luck in your search!

I kept my sailboat in that area for 4 seasons. Gave up and bought a small trawler. We motor about the same amount as we did in the sailboat - but in more comfort. A sailboat in the PNW is the wrong tool for cruising. I say this as a life long sailor who - until now - never owned a motorboat. We aren't just getting older, we are getting smarter.

Welcome Aboard!

Attachments

• BF6BC7DF-BEB7-4AA1-8804-1A498CA29111.jpg
    BF6BC7DF-BEB7-4AA1-8804-1A498CA29111.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 12
Back
Top Bottom