In at the deep end

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BTDT with the aft cabin head line clogged. Years? Its probably rock solid all the way to the tank. Nothing you put in there will dissolve the piss-crete over that long distance. I had to pull and cut 1 ft at a time for 20+ ft to get it all out. Not fun but not impossible.
One more thing. Use premium odor barrier hose like Raritan Saniflex. That cheaper white 148 hose will permeate in less than two years meaning you WILL replace it again!!!

Last edited:
The survey went well, only one medium problem, disclosed in advance, that the rear heads drain to the black tank was plugged.
We are researching replacing the heads and tank with composting heads.

Could be a simple fix, with some SewClean in the line for a while. Especially if it's just a uric acid build-up in the line, which is quite possible. Google.

In any case, I'd suggest you use the boat for about a year before making major changes. Confer with Peggie Hall first about any changes in your sanitation systems.

If you know Kelly Flynn in Indy somewhere, he probably still has a big boat, 65 GB I think, something like that, maybe still kept in Hampton Roads area. Might be a good resource for discussion and so forth...

-Chris

Last edited:
BTDT with the aft cabin head line clogged. Years? Its probably rock solid all the way to the tank. Nothing you put in there will dissolve the piss-crete over that long distance. I had to pull and cut 1 ft at a time for 20+ ft to get it all out. Not fun but not impossible.
One more thing. Use premium odor barrier hose like Raritan Saniflex. That cheaper white 148 hose will permeate in less than two years meaning you WILL replace it again!!!

We had a rock solid blockage, even got the plumber's snake stuck in it for a while.

SewClean fixed it. Don't know if it's universally effective, but our experience was pretty impressive.

Not a bad idea to replace hose if necessary, of course, and premium hose seems well worth the cost.

-Chris

Wear eye protection, breathing mask, gloves glovers gloves.
We all know what that stuff is.
No need to beg for trouble.

On my AT34, my second head is a bucket.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom