Daydreamer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JLD

Guru
I registered today and I just wanted to introduce myself.

My boating history consists of smaller sailboats. My wife and I are getting ready to sell our house, and thus I will soon be selling my little sailboat. Upside is that we have the opportunity to move closer to the Chesapeake Bay (will rent for a couple of years), and I am starting to think about my next boat.

Looking at Mainship trawlers is what drew me to this forum. I like the Mainship 390 and the 34, but am beginning to think that a Mainship 34 Pilot (hardtop) might be the perfect boat for us. I love the 12’3” beam and the 12’3” height, as this makes for comfortable cruising, easy to find dockage, and gives the option of hauling the boat if need be. Really like the separate salon/cabin and the large pilothouse with great ventilation and the aft curtain.

I have been lurking on the forum for the last couple of months and have learned a lot. Looking forward to taking part in some of these discussions.

Jim

Welcome to the forum! You can spend a lifetime cruising Chesapeake Bay and its tributaries.

Ted

I knew a guy who had one of those and he loved it! But why rough it? I feel like I'm driving in my living room! I'm big on having a door between the weather and me. In my case, I have 3 doors.

Check out the 34 LRC Californian. They're a great value and built like tanks.

Plenty of room in those waters for a FB, right?

Last edited:
As a liveaboard, I'd look for something 40++ feet. My 35-footer suits me but don't use it to live aboard.

Last edited:
Welcome aboard TF
If you like a 34 Pilot might also want to consider the MS 34HT.
We love ours...more pics on the link in Signature

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom