cruising at 60 MPH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jprohan

Vessel Name
Alexa Grace
Vessel Make
Rosborough Pocket Trawler
After many years of owning our Albin 32 (Sportfish; but used as a trawler) we have down sized to a 25 foo Rosborough pocket trawler. When asked what is our cruising speed, I answer 60 MPH...going down the highway. The advantage of this boat is we can haul her anywhere; plop her in and off we go. This summer we plan to tow it from our home in Bay Shore NY, to the Erie Canal for a couple of weeks; then maybe the Chesapeake in the fall. Although we miss the room on our Albin; the trailerability is a wonderful feature.
Now if I can only talk the wife into one more Bahamas cruise!
Jim

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum. Lots of good cruising for trailerable trawlers in SW FL during the winter.

Ted

thanks Ted. We hope to retire in a year or so. Have a place in Stuart FL and made several Bahama and keys trips; but nothing to the west coast. That's on my bucket list for sure. And I'll be picking knowlegable people's brains when the time comes.

There are a lot of advantages to a trailerable boat. I have seen a few Roseboroughs anchored at Cayo Costa. With a 4 stroke outboard they are quiet and economical to run. Great accomodations for size, and the covered back porch is great. There is much to say for that boat.:thumb:

Welcome

Jim I fished in a 36' center console that actually did cruise about 60mph. It would get over 1 gallon/mile at 58mph. It would top out about 70 or 75. scary as hell. Not much on the creature comforts.

Back
Top Bottom