Checking in from SF, CA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Black Dog

Good afternoon all,

Just wanted to drop a line over here and say thank you for providing me with all kinds of valuable information and enjoyable content. I will actually be one of the few over here going from Trawler (34' CHB ) to Sail (Catalina 42). I hope to be able to add anything and help out with any questions regarding these Lehman 120s as I have grown very intimate with mine.

Welcome, Black Dog! We keep our boat in Vallejo. Will keep an eye open for you.

Welcome aboard. Good to have you with us. Don't worry about the "going from power to sail." Most of us (or at least a lot of us anyway) have been sailors before we decided to go the easier route (usually because of just growing older and not able to cope with the physical requirements of sailing), and we know that it is just two different modes. One is not better than the other. They are just different.

Agree, I think a sailing background is useful.

Same here, my lower back and knees can't deal with that stuff anynmore.

Many thanks for the warm welcome. I will definitely be going back to power but for me and my intended cruising, with the benefit of the increased stability in a seaway, sailing is more up my fairway. The one downside is I would take my trawler in a lot of places with skinny water and with a sailboat that won't be happening anymore.

Back
Top Bottom