Boat owners—finally! Transpacific Eagle 32

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Korum

Ahoy!

Joined a while back as we started our boat search, but have held off on posting until now.

This is my first time owning a boat and my wife’s first real experience boating in a serious way. I grew up as a liveaboard on a Tatyana 37 sailboat in the Pacific Northwest and left with my brother and parents after high school for a few years of cruising. Twenty-five years later (or so), I find myself back in the boating world again after years of missing it dearly.

Our Transpacific Eagle 32 (“Criquet”) is a fixer-upper for sure, but we’re having fun learning and making her our own. Unfortunately I wasn’t paying much attention in my teens to all the work my dad was doing on our boat to get it ready for cruising—or how much general maintenance he was doing. The good news... he’s now retired and bored and an amazing help and resource so we’re doing most of the work ourselves.

I’m excited to share the boating lifestyle and magical areas around here (we’re moored in Port Hadlock, WA) with my wife and kids. And to return to my roots as a wharf rat.

Learning so much here on TF already. Such a nice community!

Attachments

• B5552E25-8B66-4444-B0EF-7B2307001827.jpg
    B5552E25-8B66-4444-B0EF-7B2307001827.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 8D1D81CD-71E4-430E-BAAB-E5A1A748672A.jpg
    8D1D81CD-71E4-430E-BAAB-E5A1A748672A.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 19
  • 9F279595-79FF-46BA-B5E5-FF863EE51388.jpg
    9F279595-79FF-46BA-B5E5-FF863EE51388.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 20
Welcome aboard and congrats on your new boat. Better make sure to be nice to your dad. And we will need lots of photos of all the projects.

Welcome, and congrats on having that Dad around. I tried to interest my own father in getting into a boat with me years ago (he and I built an 18-foot 1930s style yacht tender runabout with a Ford V8 flathead when I was a kid). Unfortunately, his real love was airplanes, and he built and flew two of them while I slaved away alone in my boat addiction. Luckily for my brother and me, we seem to have inherited a bit of his impressive can-do attitude as we maintain our boats.

Fantastic. Welcome aboard. you have a great boat to start with. Post more pictures! What motor do you have in your eagle?

Congratulations! Nice rig.
Welcome to TF and to the Port Hadlock neighborhood. If you are on your boat at the marina and look out a window to the East, we are about the 4th house down on the beach (this is our sometimes home, not regular home).
In all but the Winter season, you will often find one of our vessels anchored in front as we wait for our mooring ball permit to come through.
Give us a shout if you see us around the boat, would love to swap tours.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom