Old 02-28-2021, 08:10 PM   #1

City: Suquamish, WA
Boat owners—finally! Transpacific Eagle 32

Ahoy!

Joined a while back as we started our boat search, but have held off on posting until now.

This is my first time owning a boat and my wife’s first real experience boating in a serious way. I grew up as a liveaboard on a Tatyana 37 sailboat in the Pacific Northwest and left with my brother and parents after high school for a few years of cruising. Twenty-five years later (or so), I find myself back in the boating world again after years of missing it dearly.

Our Transpacific Eagle 32 (“Criquet”) is a fixer-upper for sure, but we’re having fun learning and making her our own. Unfortunately I wasn’t paying much attention in my teens to all the work my dad was doing on our boat to get it ready for cruising—or how much general maintenance he was doing. The good news... he’s now retired and bored and an amazing help and resource so we’re doing most of the work ourselves.

I’m excited to share the boating lifestyle and magical areas around here (we’re moored in Port Hadlock, WA) with my wife and kids. And to return to my roots as a wharf rat.

Learning so much here on TF already. Such a nice community!
Attached Thumbnails
B5552E25-8B66-4444-B0EF-7B2307001827.jpg   8D1D81CD-71E4-430E-BAAB-E5A1A748672A.jpg   9F279595-79FF-46BA-B5E5-FF863EE51388.jpg  
Korum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 08:13 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

City: Au Gres, MI
Vessel Name: Black Dog
Vessel Model: Formula 41PC
Welcome aboard and congrats on your new boat. Better make sure to be nice to your dad. And we will need lots of photos of all the projects.
Comodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 08:21 PM   #3
Guru

City: Southport, FL near Panama City
Vessel Name: FROLIC
Vessel Model: Mainship 30 Pilot II since 2015. GB-42 1986-2015. Former Unlimited Tonnage Master
Welcome, and congrats on having that Dad around. I tried to interest my own father in getting into a boat with me years ago (he and I built an 18-foot 1930s style yacht tender runabout with a Ford V8 flathead when I was a kid). Unfortunately, his real love was airplanes, and he built and flew two of them while I slaved away alone in my boat addiction. Luckily for my brother and me, we seem to have inherited a bit of his impressive can-do attitude as we maintain our boats.
rgano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 08:44 PM   #4
Guru

City: Santa Cruz, CA
Vessel Name: Concerto
Vessel Model: 1980 Cheoy Lee
Fantastic. Welcome aboard. you have a great boat to start with. Post more pictures! What motor do you have in your eagle?
bligh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 10:43 PM   #5
Guru

City: Port Townsend and La Paz
Vessel Name: Domino and Libra
Vessel Model: Malcom Tennant 20M and Noordzee Kotter 52
Congratulations! Nice rig.
Welcome to TF and to the Port Hadlock neighborhood. If you are on your boat at the marina and look out a window to the East, we are about the 4th house down on the beach (this is our sometimes home, not regular home).
In all but the Winter season, you will often find one of our vessels anchored in front as we wait for our mooring ball permit to come through.
Give us a shout if you see us around the boat, would love to swap tours.