Another newbie!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

desertdweller

Hello all. What a wonderful forum...thanks for hosting it. Can't wait to get back into boating, but living in Arizona makes getting to San Diego a bit of a chore. The only son is now in his second year of college, and being an empty nester is still something we are not used to. Many moons ago we lived in San Diego and owned a small Catalina sailboat...best years of our lives (young-broke-in love and living close to the water). Fast forward to much older-some money-still in love (30 yrs with my beloved bride) and no boat...bummer. It is definitely trawler time even if I only get to use the boat 10-12 times a year. We will have to keep working for at least 5 more years, but why wait!! Soo many posts are inspiring me to take action...WOW! I hope to learn more about trawler boats by staying current on the forum. Now, to find the dream boat..Ahhh (15-20 yr old Island Gypsy 32). Looks like slim pickens in SD! Gotta go...adios, Desertdweller

Welcome aboard. I was driving through south Georgia one time and passed by a place which had a fairly small pond with about a 40' sailboat sitting in it. So there is always a way . . . :)

Welcome to the forum from Alaska!:thumb:

Funny-:blush: We drive by what appears to be a stock watering pool on Highway 16 in B.C. Canada each year as we drive to the lower 48. In the pool is 18-20 foot cruiser. We determine the amount of rain the area has received by how the boat is floating. We look forward to this part of the drive!!

Al-Ketchikan

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom