Another new person!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Juliefbb

Vessel Name
Candide
Vessel Make
Offshore 58
Hi All,
New to the trawler life. My list of jobs for my new to me Offshore is about 250 items....and growing!

My first & most important questions are:
1) how do trawler forum members recognize each other out on the water and in the marinas? It's nice to connect names, conversations and boats with real humans!
2) any Canadians out there have experience with setting up a virtual mailbox in the US? Specifically how to fill out the home address portion of the USPS form (do you use your Canadian home address?) and what did you do to notarize your documents? Thanks to lurking I've been looking at St Brendan's Isle.

Now for some introductory items!
My husband & I are starting to live his retirement dream. A trawler that can take us away from snowy & cold winters to the sunny climates of Florida and the Caribbean. Slowly at first - a week or two here or there then stretching to longer and longer trips as we gain comfort and skill.

We had a smaller day runner boat in FL for the last 3 or 4 years. Good for day trips up and down the ICW and the occasional trip to the keys, but crossing the gulf - forget it!! We did it once mid summer when it was Lake Atlantic, but summer we'd rather be on our freshwater lake living cottage life!

I'm looking forward to learning more about my boat, the folks on Trawler Forum, and receiving great advice from everyone here.

Welcome aboard. As to question number 1 fly a Trawler Forum pennant. As to number 2 I have no idea. The pennant/burgee are available here, use the search function. And BTW we require photos of your baby...

Welcome and Comodave I guess I should fly one then

Back
Top Bottom