Another new one in the PNW

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jmartin

Great site, been lurking.
Will soon have time to justify slip rental, hauling, more insurance, more money, maybe. Expensive passion. Had a Catalina 30 sailboat in the 80's, lived aboard and played every non work day on her. Now have two 1983 Boston Whalers, a 22' Revenge and 15' Sport.

What I want:
35 to 40 that I can single handle
Single screw with thruster
aft cabin center bed
up galley
open salon 2 doors
Heater
Generator

Do not like 36 Grand Banks salon or CHB. Want open, lots of windows. I really like the Monk 36 with the L shaped seats. Like everything about the Monk. No teak deck, full fridge.
Also like the Defever's salons that did not box in the galley and the Bristol.

Worried about decks, tanks, blisters, but do like to work on boats.
Price range? 50k to 100. I will be asking many questions.

John

Great site, been lurking.
Will soon have time to justify slip rental, hauling, more insurance, more money, maybe. Expensive passion. Had a Catalina 30 sailboat in the 80's, lived aboard and played every non work day on her. Now have two 1983 Boston Whalers, a 22' Revenge and 15' Sport.

What I want:
35 to 40 that I can single handle
Single screw with thruster
aft cabin center bed
up galley
open salon 2 doors
Heater
Generator

Do not like 36 Grand Banks salon or CHB. Want open, lots of windows. I really like the Monk 36 with the L shaped seats. Like everything about the Monk. No teak deck, full fridge.
Also like the Defever's salons that did not box in the galley and the Bristol.

Worried about decks, tanks, blisters, but do like to work on boats.
Price range? 50k to 100. I will be asking many questions.

John

Welcome. Now to ask one question in return. How do you intend to use this boat, what cruising grounds, how frequent and how long cruises, who along for the trip?

Hi John,
Have you checked out YachtWorld? In the PNW there are about 150 boats in the size range you are looking for.

I plan on cruising the American and Canadian San Juans. Also I have never cruised south Puget Sound. Maybe the inside passage to Alaska. No open water, do not plan on heading to Mexico. Going out for 2 to 3 days at a time. There will be some longer trips. Just me and my wife, Sometimes just me.
I have been watching yachtworld.

Back
Top Bottom