Another New Member

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BoatKid

Vessel Make
28' Fiberform
Hello Everybody,
I was drawn in by an old article on Selenes vs Nordhavns. Personally I love Nordhavns, so it was interesting to see different perspectives on them. Another reason is that my friends at school don't really understand trawlers so this provides a good place to talk about them. Currently I am working on a 28' Fiberform in order to turn it into my clubhouse in my backyard, so any advice would be appreciated, mostly about fiberglass repair as there are a few scratches here and there.
Thanks,
BoatKid

Hello Everybody,

I was drawn in by an old article on Selenes vs Nordhavns. Personally I love Nordhavns, so it was interesting to see different perspectives on them. Another reason is that my friends at school don't really understand trawlers so this provides a good place to talk about them. Currently I am working on a 28' Fiberform in order to turn it into my clubhouse in my backyard, so any advice would be appreciated, mostly about fiberglass repair as there are a few scratches here and there.

Thanks,

BoatKid

I'd never thought I'd see it! Welcome aboard, from one kid to the other.

Welcome aboard BK!

I'd never thought I'd see it! Welcome aboard, from one kid to the other.

Don't know how to break it to you Oliver but you where not the first. Cannot remember his screen name but there was another kid here about two years before you, posted about 20-30 times and hasn't been back. He was rehabbing an old john boat to start cruising the local river IIRC.

Greetings,
Welcome aboard young man. Uh-oh, ATTENTION old farts, the kids are coming...

sidy.gif

Welcome aboard BK!

Don't know how to break it to you Oliver but you where not the first. Cannot remember his screen name but there was another kid here about two years before you, posted about 20-30 times and hasn't been back. He was rehabbing an old john boat to start cruising the local river IIRC.

Well shucks! First is the worst , second is the best I guess. :D

We need to come up with a special level to appoint the kids. Guru is fine but I feel we can come up with something just for the young ones...

Greetings,
Mr. O. Excellent suggestion...Junior Gurus perhaps? On second thought what will the REALLY old guys be labeled?

I don't know... Always thought the reason he hasn't been back yet is after getting that john boat dialed in he's been cruising the river so much he has no time to post with all us old farts :D

I don't know... Always thought the reason he hasn't been back yet is after getting that john boat dialed in he's been cruising the river so much he has no time to post with all us old farts :D

They're a lot of fun. My first and only boat so far boat is a little Jon boat (I had equity in). Although I did have to goto the pops for a loan on the motor. At least I owned the boat...:D
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1428458909.350359.jpg

We need to come up with a special level to appoint the kids. Guru is fine but I feel we can come up with something just for the young ones...

Junior midshipman..?

Wow, lots of replies. Well thanks for the warm welcome, everyone. Eventually I will post some pictures of my boat, as none of the 28' FiberForms really look similar to mine.
Thanks,
BoatKid

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom