Aiming for Adventure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hello,

My husband and I are new owners of a beautiful 1984 Trolly TriCabin. We have boated for years and just sold our little Nordic Tug. We bought this 43' trolly so we could be aboard longer and go farther. After having survived covid this past year, we decided we needed to return to a life of adventure as in our early married days when we sailed a total of 25,000 miles on our Cal 2-34.

So, here we are with a beautiful, but slightly older, boat. We have some questions we hope people can answer!

For starters, we're having to replace the Maxwell anchor windlass. The old one
passed away. Where do we find the circuit breaker for this old one?

Hi and welcome.

When I buy a boat the first thing I do is deep clean the entire thing.

Open up every cubby and bilge access. Empty every cabinet and drawer. Clean all the years of gross scum and fungus and dirt.

By the time I’m done not only is the boat smelling sweet and clean and antiseptic, but I know nearly every square inch of the interior including where the breakers are.

Just a thought.

Welcome aboard. Tolleys are very nice boats. Are you able to follow the cables from the windlass back towards the batteries or forward from the batteries. You should come across the breaker, probably near the battery end.

Welcome. Happy hunting.

Hi and welcome.

When I buy a boat the first thing I do is deep clean the entire thing.

Open up every cubby and bilge access. Empty every cabinet and drawer. Clean all the years of gross scum and fungus and dirt.

By the time I’m done not only is the boat smelling sweet and clean and antiseptic, but I know nearly every square inch of the interior including where the breakers are.

Just a thought.

This is some of the best advise that could be given. It pays to have gone through every inch and know the boat like the back of your hand.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom