Against the Current

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Greetings All!

My husband Zack and I purchased our 1984 President 41 Double Cabin a year ago this month. The plan was to move aboard with our daughter, cat, and pug last September, but hurricane Isaias had other plans. The marina we called home for about 7 weeks (Southport Marina - NC) was completely destroyed and thus our adventure was placed on hold. Our boat has since been on the hard as we tackle damages and also take full advantage of the boatyard time to apply some improvements. With a lot of sweat and hopefully a limited amount of blood and tears, we hope to pick up where we left off next spring.

I am new to TF and excited to peruse everyone's useful information. I will contribute helpful tips as often as possible. We seem to do EVERYTHING in life against the current (haha) so I will undoubtedly have experiences to share in hopes of making someone else's experience a lot less problematic.

Cheers,
Lauren

Yes, indeed, a very warm welcome to TF. You've endured a rather hard start to your boating life, so let's hope that what follows is a doddle compared. Nothing quite like getting the worst case scenario out of the way first. :flowers:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom